Where did the time go? It seems like it was just yesterday I was chatting with everyone but with Wiggs’ medical drama, it took it’s toll on not only him, but also moi and my writing. Good thing the SousPug finally got a clean bill of health from the vet and he is healing up nicely.
I was chatting with SL and told him my predicament – namely I have been cooking way more for the SousPug than for me – Wiggs is on a home cooked specialty diet and I’m eating take-out. How does that happen? I can’t cook double batches for him and I as his food has to have absolutely no seasoning at all and it takes bland to a whole new level. Plus – his diet pretty much consists of poached chicken, rice, some pasta, bananas and melon and don’t even get me started on his new “chicken stock” that has to be homemade and not store-bought.
So, I’m slowly inching back into the proverbial blogging pool and, at SL’s suggestion, I’m going to give you guys my absolute fave 10 tried and true recipes (in no particular order) that I have made over the years since I started Cooking In Stilettos..
- Sunny Anderson’s Shepherd’s Pie with Mushroom Onion Gravy has raised the bar for any shepherd’s pie that is served in this house. She just takes food to a whole other level – seriously delish!
- This watermelon salad with ricotta salata is a must for spring & summer. Clean flavors and so refreshing.
- There is always a plethora of chicken in this house – thankfully I can make more than arroz con pollo. One of my faves – Sautéed Chicken with Blueberries and Blue Cheese. I love how it has a kick from the red pepper flakes.
- And my other new fave chicken dish – Candice Kumai’s Pretty Delicious Apricot Chicken – great flavor and so good for you!
- Giada del Laurentiis’ Grilled Salmon with Citrus Verde Salsa is another fab dish that I use year round, but is perfect for summer with its clean, fresh flavors.
- My homemade iced chai tea has helped cut down on the Starhell, I mean Starbucks runs. Now, if only I could learn how to make the perfect cup of joe, I’d be all set… any tips?
- Want a really good side dish – well this roasted poblano rice will put some spice in your summer. I often serve it with some grilled chicken or slow cooker pulled pork and it always garners raves.
- The Spicy Smoky S’Mores Bars from Anne Thornton are a new fave. They are *that* good.
- And, when you want to cool it down, why not try this Blueberry Ricotta ice cream from Giada de Laurentiis.
- Finally, for a killer brunch dish, you MUST try this recipe for Lemon Herb Eggs In Ciabatta. It’s always a crowd pleaser.
As with all my fave tried and trues, you can always reach them by using the recipe tab above.
What are some of your fave tried & true recipes – share the links in the comments!
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates