Are you one of those people that adore trying out new things? Do you have a bit of a Bill Cosby problem with kitchen appliances under the sink (not like I’d know anything about that *cough cough*).
Here are some favorites that are perfect for the holidays and would look fabulous under the tree or on your kitchen counter.
1. One of my favorite investments this year was my very first KitchenAid. I went copper – specifically antique copper but, if copper wasn’t available, I know I’d definitely have to follow The Chic Life’s lead and scoop up the Aqua KitchenAid Mixer.
2. Already have a KitchenAid? Why not get an attachment for it – whether it’s the pasta maker, the food grinder, grain grinder, etc. You name it – they have an attachment that will turn this fabulous mixer into a workhorse.
3. I have waxed on and on about the Vitamix – I absolutely adore mine. It’s under the counter and I use it more than my food processor (shhhh – don’t tell anyone). I will be making roasted banana ice cream in this puppy over the weekend and also plan on making some more soups for the holidays.
4. While I was chatting with a few of my fellow line attendees at the Barefoot Contessa book signing, one of them really enlightened me to the Breville Countertop Convection Oven. Apparently, it comes in very handy when you don’t want to heat up the whole house with your standard oven (especially when I have a Sous Pug who is so sensitive to heat). Could you imagine how helpful it will be when it comes to holiday meals?
5. When people ask me for good gift ideas to get others – I always suggest my personal favorite – the All Clad Deluxe Slow Cooker. This slow cooker is worth every single penny. It browns on the stovetop, it cooks items beautifully and, ask anyone who has had my Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon, Bourbon Pulled Pork or (my personal favorite) Pork Tinga, this slow cooker is phenomenal. It’s an investment but well worth it on a cost per use basis.
6. Did you know that there’s a NEW Keurig? Now – don’t tell my Vue but I was seriously tempted when I saw their new RIVO system – cappuccinos and lattes with fresh milk? For now, I’ll make due with a frother but for those that find a RIVO under their tree – can you tell a gal how you like it?
7. When I went to South Beach Food & Wine, I got a glimpse of the T-Fal Actifry. It looked intriguing but I thought – ehhhhh – I don’t really do French fries that often unless they are oven baked. However, lately, I’ve been hearing quite the buzz and people are saying it’s not all about the French Fry but a host of other dishes that can be prepared in here. Guess what’s on my wishlist this year.
What is your favorite kitchen appliance that you would love to get or give? Tell me!
- Day 1 ~ All Things Cookbooks, Part I
- Day 2 ~ Williams Sonoma Edition
- Day 3 ~ Sur La Table Edition
- Day 4 ~ All Things Entertaining
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate and/or referral links which help offset the cost of hosting this site. However, as always, my opinions are 100% my own]
Share the love
Get free updates