Sometimes it is the simplest recipes that need to be changed up. The other day I had the worst craving for a grilled cheese and some sliced apples. However, I didn’t have any provolone in the cheese drawer. That led to a trip to the fridge and the staring endlessly at its contents wondering what now I could cook since my original idea was out of the question. Then, a small box caught my eye in the corner next to the cojita and queso fresco cheeses – that being a small wheel of brie. I quickly gathered my other ingredients and headed over to the panini press.
The panini press in my house clearly doesn’t get enough love. However, as I assembled the ingredients and fought off the hungry advances of an angry sous pug, I figured that I would make an Apple Brie Panini.
Next time you want to make something that is just a little different, give this a shot. The contrast between the creamy brie and the crisp apple is something to be experienced.
- Brie Cheese
- 1 Apple, sliced into small wedges
- 4 slices of potato or sourdough bread
- Olive Oil
- Lightly brush the bread with olive oil and lay on the panini press to briefly toast
- Slice the brie into small thin slices. (I removed the rind but it’s your discretion)
- On the toasted bread, lay a layer of brie and top with a layer of sliced apples
- Grill on the panini press until golden brown and its a pool of melty deliciousness.
Gather The Ingredients
Time to slice the Brie
Its all about layering
Check out that cheese pooling out of the sides
Lunch is served
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates