You can have burgers for breakfast with this Cheesy Breakfast Burger. A light as a feather quiche “burger” is nestled among fresh veggies in a pillowy bun for the perfect morning bite.
This post was created in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. Please note that #BrunchWeek sponsors have provided product for recipe development. My opinion and adoration for #BrunchWeek sponsors is all my own.
Welcome to the fourth annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are so excited to have you join us this year as we celebrate Brunch and prepare for Mother’s Day. 37 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to cakes, breakfast breads, tarts, and quiche – there is something for everyone! Our amazing Sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BrunchWeek giveaway. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
It’s Day 2 of #BrunchWeek and I decided to celebrate not only #BrunchWeek but inspired by a burger I recently made, I decided to go big or go home and make an epic breakfast burger but with an eggy quiche “burger” instead of a beefy burger. I once saw a similar burger in a Hubert Keller cookbook so I decided to play with the idea and, like a lightbulb moment, the Cheesy Breakfast Burger was born.
This Cheesy Breakfast Burger is packed with classic flavors like ham and sharp cheddar cheese but with a slight hint of spice thanks to the Aleppo pepper and fresh herbs. It’s nestled among fresh veggies and a soft potato bun for the best breakfast burger ever. I served mine with a fresh fruit salad that was drizzled with a honey vanilla yogurt sauce and I can tell it’s going to be one of those tried and true brunch go-to recipes.
If you are looking for something a bit out of the box for your next brunch, make this Cheesy Breakfast Burger!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Whisking up the eggs, herbs and milk
Ready for the oven
The quiche “burger” rises and falls – not to worry!
Now – isn’t this a burger you’d love to start the day with
Don’t forget the avocado- it’s the perfect creamy compliment
Aly M. Cleary | Inspired by Hubert Keller
This Cheesy Breakfast Burger is a delicious option for brunch. A light as a feather ham and cheese quiche "burger" is nestled among fresh veggies and creamy avocado in a pillowy hamburger bun
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of grated Cabot seriously sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup of diced ham
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon of Aleppo pepper (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 soft potato hamburger buns
- Fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small Vidalia onion, sliced into rings
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced into wedges
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a jumbo muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/3 cup of cheese, ham, thyme, parsley, Aleppo pepper and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Pour the mixture three quarters of the way into 4 wells of the muffin pan.
- Top each of the quiches with a bit of the remaining grated cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so until the quiches are puffed and golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes and don’t be alarmed – the quiche “burgers” will deflate.
- Toast the bottom of the hamburger buns.
- Place on a plate and top each bun with the baby spinach, sliced tomatoes, and a couple Vidalia onion rings.
- Nestle the quiche “burger” on top of the veggies and then top everything with some sliced avocado.
- Top with the soft upper bun and enjoy!
It’s Day 2 of #BrunchWeek so let’s see what everyone has brought to the virtual brunch table shall we?
- Bluberry Mint Julep by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Lemon-Glazed Banana and Candied Ginger Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins by Feeding Big and more
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts by The Chef Next Door
- Braided Pepperoni Pizza Bread by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- French Toast with Apple Compote and Caramel Syrup by The Redhead Baker
- Lemon Sticky Buns by The Barbee Housewife
- Same Day Mock Liege Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple and Caramelized Onion Tart by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Tropical Smoothie by Gluten Free Crumbley
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Breakfast Burger by Cooking In Stilettos
- Fiddlehead, Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Quiche by Palatable Pastime
- Poached Eggs on Asparagus Bundled with Prosciutto on Cheesy Polenta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Baked Seafood Stuffed Avocados by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Fried Chicken Biscuits and Gravy Sandwich by From Gate to Plate
- Kielbasa Welsh Rarebit by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pulled Pork Pancakes by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sausage and Fried Apples by Making Miracles
- Brie and Raspberry Tarts by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lemon Meringue Angel Food Cake by Love & Confections
- Lemon Zucchini Bread by Sweet Beginnings
- Orange Cheesecake With Caramel Rum Sauce by Wholistic Woman
Have you entered the fabulous #BrunchWeek Giveaway yet? Enter HERE to win!
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.