It’s not even the second week of September and I feel like things are crazed beyond belief already. I meant to get this up on Thursday and share the deliciousness for September’s Leftover Club but life decided to interfere.
Now – for those that don’t know about the deliciousness that is The Leftovers Club, it’s a group of fabulous bloggers led by Elizabeth of Food Ramblings where we share with each other some tasty treats from our blogging adventures. When food bloggers test recipes, there’s always a plethora of leftovers so why not share with our fellow blog buddies, right? This month I was paired up with Joanne of Eats Well With Others. I had the privilege of meeting Joanne at the San Pellegrino event a few weeks prior so when I saw I was paired up with her, I knew I had to whip up a recipe that was healthy and delicious. This Cherry Almond Granola was a must – sweet and a bit savory from the salty nuts. Joanne was in the midst of moving chaos so I figured that this granola would be one of those snacks that would be perfect to munch on. I’ve been dying to add my own spin to this tried and true Barefoot Contessa recipe. Let’s just say – I had to make a double batch – one for Joanne – one for the household and, last time I checked the granola container, I might have to make another batch.
Next time you are looking for the perfect granola, make a batch of this deliciousness. One bite of this Cherry Almond Granola and you will never go back to store bought again!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Love how everything can be mixed together in one bowl – easy peasy
Nice and toasty – ready for some cherry and cranberry lovin’
I guarantee that a batch of this loveliness will not last long – but it’s so much better to snack on than chips, right?
Adapted from Ina Garten
This Cherry Almond Granola is a fabulous sweet treat to keep on hand. Dried cherries, cranberries and spices are tossed with almonds, oats and more!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3 1/2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups of dried cherries
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, honey, vegetable oil, vanilla and almond extracts, cinnamon, and salt until everything is coated evenly.
- On two large baking sheets lined with silpats or parchment paper, add some of the mixture in a flat single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so and stir. Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or so until everything is browned.
- Let cool for a bit and add to a bowl. Toss with the cherries and the cranberries and transfer to a sealed container.
See what my other club members brought to the party this month:
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates