I love discovering new cocktails and brands and, when I was told about ODDKA Vodka, well –I was intrigued. In addition to your standard vodka, ODDKA has a few unusual flavors*:
- Apple Pie: For when you desperately yearn for the sweet taste of apples and cinnamon and can’t get one of grandma’s apple pies.
- Electricity: A bolt of lightning in a bottle—but safer; tickling taste buds and sparking curiosity everywhere.
Fresh Cut Grass: Nothing beats this home-mown taste; it’s crisp, citrusy, sweet and refreshing.
- Salty Caramel Popcorn: If ODDKA were a movie, this flavor would be a caramel comedy with a sea salt subplot and a warm, feel-good ending.
- Wasabi: This tribute to the spicy burn of the sharp Asian condiment will satisfy your craving for something fiery.
Now – while I’d probably use the Wasabi in a Bloody Mary, I’m more of a sweet flavored vodka gal and decided to head to the state store to create my own ODDKA Vodka Cocktail. Currently ODDKA is only available in a few states (to my knowledge – Alabama, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island) so I knew that with the state store by me, I’d have a bit of a hunt because when I do ask them about new brands or items, I tend to get the “Huh? Wha?” response. I was pleasantly surprised that , when I arrived at the Vodka section, there was their spokesperson, Wit Oddoski, giving me a “take me to thy liquor cabinet” look straight from the vodka shelf. (He’s a bit Victorian fellow, top hat and all – and two dimensional – rather unusual!) Now – the hard decision – what flavor to play with?
I finally decided that, in the spirit of the fall/winter season, it would be all about the Apple – Apple Pie Vodka that is. A few pantry and liquor cabinet ingredients and *voila* a Cinnamon Apple Pie Margarita that guests will rave about for weeks after the party. Just tell them that Wit whispered in your ear about the secret ingredient – ODDKA Vodka.
Let’s get the ingredients together shall we?
And, voila – the Cinnamon Apple Pie Margarita.
- 1 1/2 ounces of ODDKA Vodka Apple Pie Vodka
- 1 ounce of silver tequila
- 4 ounces of apple juice or apple cider (I used Honey Crisp Apple Juice – delish)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Ice for serving (if desired)
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add the brown sugar and water to a small pan. Dissolve the sugar over medium heat and, when (mostly) dissolved, add the cinnamon stick.
- Let simmer for a few minutes and then take off the heat.
- Let cool.
- On a plate, mix the cinnamon and the brown sugar.
- Lightly wet the rim of the glass and dip in the cinnamon brown sugar mixture and set aside.
- To a large glass or mixing cup (I use a 4 cup one), add the ODDKA Vodka, tequila, apple juice (or cider) and stir.
- To this mixture, add 2-3 tablespoons of the cooled cinnamon simple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it).
- If you like your margarita on the rocks, add a bit of ice to the cinnamon rimmed glasses and add the margarita mixture.
This makes one LARGE or a couple normal size margaritas - so simple to double or triple to make a pitcher for your next soiree.
To learn more about ODDKA’s charming spokeperson, Wit Oddoski, you have got to check out this hilarious video.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Oddka.
[Disclaimer: While this is a sponsored post – all materials for the recipe, including the vodka, were purchased by me. What can I say – I love a good cocktail! Additional Note: Flavor descriptions are courtesy of ODDKA]
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates