Whenever Iced Coffee is not an option, I have to confess, Diet Coke has always been an alternative – well until I started reading some seriously disturbing things about it. Sure, it’s zero calories but what the heck does that do to one’s body if you have too much. I used to like drinking unsweetened ice tea but sometimes you just have to be in the mood for it. Now, if there is raspberry in it, well then – I’m game. But making my own iced tea was like my coffee adventures – something was just *off*.
I finally discovered the secret thanks to the Barefoot Contessa. It had to do with the ratio of teabags to water to steep time. Thankfully, once I discovered this, it was simple enough that I can make it in my sleep. Not to mention, I can vary up the types of tea and keep a pitcher of it in the fridge ready for any occasion.
Even better – those $1.59 *ahem* “Snapish brand” Raspberry Iced Tea bottles – no longer needed. I can just make it myself and put that money towards the Choo fund!
- 4 black tea bags
- 4 raspberry tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups hot water
- Agave Nectar, Honey or Sugar to taste
- Boil 4 cups of hot water and pour over the raspberry and black tea bags.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea bags and pour the brewed tea into a pitcher.
- Add 4 cups of water to the pitcher and stir.
- Should you care to sweeten it, add your sweetener of choice (honey, agave nectar, simple syrup or super fine sugar) and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from the Barefoot Contessa
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates