This weekend, some seriously fabulous bloggers will be visiting the City of Brotherly Love for Bloggy Boot Camp and I figured that, in honor of the SITS Girls‘ arrival to my fave city, we’d do a Fab Friday – Bloggy Boot Camp Style with things perfect for a blog conference.
1. In any blog conference, comfort is key and, while flats and I are far from BFF until I get clearance, I still think they are an excellent choice for a blog conference because, stilettos for 8 hours in sessions and then to parties after – not a good look, imo. I love these Cole Haan Air Reesa Leather and Patent Ballet Flats – the neutral is perfect to rock with any outfit.
2. I know at some blog conferences, there are more laptops than outlets. I often bring my iPad (in addition to a small notebook) and having a cute case is always a plus. I love this kate spade new york iPad sleeve in this chick black and white floral. There is even a matching iPhone case.
3. Business cards are a must at these conferences. I love these bright business card holders from Graphic Image that are functional and won’t get lost in a crowded bag.
4. If pen and paper are more to your liking, I really love this kate spade new york organizer – such a great pop of color! The girls at kate spade in King of Prussia must laugh because whenever I’m in there, I can’t resist heading to the back and looking at the organizers going “Hmmm… should I?” – maybe this summer I might treat myself – if I ever get out of these daggone sneakers.
5. Jen from One Curly Fry reminded me of the most important necessity for a blog conference – COFFEE! How could I have forgotten that (and, while I’m thinking of it – I better check to see where Starbucks is in relation to the hotel because me – that early in the am without coffee – oy vey!) I love this snazzy hot pink OXO Soft Works LiquiSeal™ Travel Mug.
6. There are some seriously great blogging books on the market. I have a few of them and have told you before about my adoration of Food Blogging for Dummies. Some others that are fabulous are ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income, Professional Blogging For Dummies, and The Digital Mom Handbook: How to Blog, Vlog, Tweet, and Facebook Your Way to a Dream Career at Home. Both Audra McClellan and Colleen Padilla will be speaking at Bloggy Boot Camp tomorrow along with some fabulous speakers.
7. One of the things on my to-do list for June is to get another bookshelf because my cookbook collection is seriously out of control. One of my latest additions A Country Cook’s Kitchen: Time-Tested Kitchen Skills is focused on making things from scratch but not in a way that will make you scream for the hills (like the time I ruined the pie crust). In all seriousness, I can tell you their egg and bacon tart will be on the menu in the very near future (including a from-scratch pie crust that I hope to not kill). Who knows – I might even attempt to make my own puff pastry this year!
Have you attended a blog conference? What are some of your must-have necessities and any advice for anyone attending a blog conference?
[Disclosure – this post contains some affiliate links. My opinions, as always, are 100% my own]
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates