Or that will be the case shortly, if the weatherman is to be believed. I’ve learned that, with the exception of a few weather forecasters, I tend to take it all with a grain of salt. If they are correct, however, I will be cursing myself because I am sans umbrella today. Oh well – what’s a gal to do, right? I don’t know where the week has gone. One minute I’m writing about Mexican Chocolate Brownies and the next thing I know it’s time for a Fab Friday. Next week, it’s going to be recipe galore around here.
Well – 2 weeks until Sept. hits and then it’s all fall, baby. Fall décor, fall fashion, fall everything (including a new issue of Where Women Cook – squee!) – and this gal will be taking the weekend to putter around, cook a bit and get the house ready. Out with the old, in with the new is going to be the motto. What can I say, it’s my favorite season.
So, with that, let me shush and share my current obsessions.
1. I can hear y’all grumbling now with “Aly – ANOTHER black pump?” but hear me out. For those that have seen the fall fashion bibles already, you know these lovelies are getting quite the buzz. These Alice + Olivia snakeskin patent pumps are stunning (and seasonless)! I love the metal detailing at the toe and, if you apply my CPW (Cost Per Wear) method, this is a good purchase that will last you a few years.
2. I know, I rarely talk about my other fashion obsessions here at Cooking In Stilettos but I am OBSESSED with this 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli handbag in Aubergine. There’s something about berry hued shoes and bags for fall that have me captivated. I guess a trip to Neiman Marcus is in order to at least get some visiting time with this lovely. I’m still figuring out the CPW on this one but I’m pretty sure Sharon and Reese are both going to tell me to bite the bullet and snag it!
3. If you look at my Le Creuset collection, you might notice that while I do have some seriously fab pieces, one piece my collection is sorely lacking is a 6 3/4 qt. Le Creuset dutch oven. Williams-Sonoma is running an amazing deal on this lovely. Technically, I really should apply my CPW motto to my cookware (or in this case “cost per use” *LOL*) because while I do spend money on shoes, to not snag a 6 3/4 qt. dutch oven for under $200 is INSANE. I mean, it’s worth almost twice that and, knowing the holidays are coming up and making stock, etc. etc. etc.. What am I waiting for, right?
4. My mailman is going to hate me with a passion due to the weight of all of the fall magazines and catalogs. One catalog that I am REALLY looking forward to is Crate and Barrel’s. Well, my mailbox has failed me so far, but the website is slowly trickling in the fall stuff. Now, thanks to their website I’m coveting a nice steamy hot cup of Pumpkin Spice Tea. For those that are not pumpkin fans, they also have a caramel apple tea. Guess I better put a trip to the King of Prussia Crate and Barrel store on my weekend agenda, huh?
5. I can’t thank y’all enough for your help with my quest to find the perfect springform pan. When I went to make a recipe that I’ve been dying to do for weeks, I pulled out my springform pan and, well, let’s just say that no amount of scrubbing could revert the damage that one of those “baking sprays” did to it (for clarification, it wasn’t my Bak Klene – but another big name one). After reviewing everyone’s suggestions, I decided to go with the Frieling 9-Inch Glass Bottom Nonstick Springform Pan and wait til you see what gets made with this lovely. It arrived yesterday and it is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. The other pan – that was sent to early retirement. Lesson learned – quality over quantity (same for baking sprays!)
6. I am blessed to have some seriously talented friends. When I was perusing eBay the other day for a few lovelies to decorate my home, I stumbled upon this adorbs “Keep Calm And Buy Shoes” wall decal by none other than one of my fave Cali gals, Keri! I have to tell you, this gal is mega talented and if you are looking for a little spice for your space, Ker’s your girl! Check out some of her fabulous wall decals.
7. For those that saw my instagram feed, y’all know that I was able to chat with the lovely Melissa d’Arabian this week. She’s on her book tour right now for Ten Dollar Dinners: 140 Recipes & Tips to Elevate Simple, Fresh Meals Any Night of the Week and if you haven’t picked up your copy, you really need to check it out. There are so many recipes that I have bookmarked to make and, heads up, the mustard chicken will be featured on the blog next week. She gives some great tips to maximize the pantry dollar and one that I especially loved was her lightening quick recipe for preserved lemons. Confession: I have a couple of those super pricy tiny jars in my pantry but, after reading that I can make it for about $1.50 instead of shelling out $10, lesson learned – I’m making my own. I can see me cooking from this cookbook a lot this fall and, as an added bonus, I might save enough to add to the stiletto/bag arsenal and, perhaps, score one of the lovelies above.
So, those are my super current obsessions – what are yours?
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which might help offset the cost of hosting this site. However, as always, my opinions are 100% my own]
Share the love
Get free updates