I noticed that this weekend is the official Fall kickoff. Granted everything already feels like it somewhat – between the pumpkin spice lattes, the plethora of pumpkin and apple recipes, the cool night air – I thought fall was already here. However, Mother Nature seems to be holding back on us because the leaves aren’t changing and it’s still 75 degrees or so during the day. Someone might have left her off the weather change distribution list.
The other day, I took a day to just stay home and relax, do some writing, do some recipe redos (which you are going to LOVE next week), and just marinate on where the road is taking me. I’ve had some seriously fabulous opportunities thanks to Cooking In Stilettos and I want to make this site a haven for all of you to get your food and fashion fix. There are some exciting things coming in October that it’s been tough to not shout it from the rooftops but let’s just say, I’m excited and ever so grateful to all of you.
So, before I get all mushy and stuff, let me share with you a few things that have me obsessed and ready to officially welcome Fall – now if only Mother Nature would get that memo.
1. I have been pining for these B Brian Atwood Fragola boots for the longest. Can’t necessarily justify the cost tho – even with my Cost Per Wear analysis. I might wind up going with the Nine West Gottarun Wedge Boots instead. What would you choose?
2. Just looking at this Ruffoni Oval Roaster just makes me smile. Hard to believe that the booties I’m lusting after cost more than this copper lovely. Hmmm… now, applying a cost per use theory… hold on, let me grab my calculator.
3. Le Creuset is way more than cookware and utensils. Did you know that they are getting into the coffee game now? Check out Le Creuset’s Coffee Press and the matching Coffee Storage Jar in Truffle – love that for the kitchen!
4. I am already planning a trip out to Marlton to visit the Anthropologie store. I am obsessed with this Ridged Batter Bowl with matching ladle – perfect for mixing my favorite blueberry ricotta pancakes.
5. While I’m there, I also need to pick up this Splattered Mint Baking Dish – love the vintage look. I can see that Anthropologie is going to be dangerous to the wallet.
6. Fall always means apples to me and how adorable are these Apple Notecards that I found from a local seller here on Etsy – NieceyNotes. I love her shop and she’s got some adorable notecards and paper products that you will just love. Check out her shop when you have a moment and then tell me what you adore!
7. I received a copy of this cookbook, Sunday Brunch: Simple, Delicious Recipes for Leisurely Mornings, some time ago and finally had time to peruse it and, can I say, this will be one of my favorite weekend go-tos for a while! You might be seeing a little more brunch love here on Cooking In Stilettos over the coming months. I love cooking brunch at home on the weekends and, except for last week when I went out with the gals to catch up, I normally am making my weekend standbys so I was excited to get new ideas and recipes to play with. We’re talking Espresso Scented Coffee Cake, Skillet Roasted Potatoes with Mushrooms and Pancetta, Heavenly Little Crab Cakes, Warm Fall Cider with Spices and Pan Fried Eggs and Mixed Mushroom Saute on Toasted Sourdough Slices. Tell me that the titles alone don’t make you hungry.
Are you ready for fall or are you still grasping on to the last bit of summer?
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate and/or referral links which help offset the cost of hosting this site. In addition, I received a copy of the cookbook featured here for review purposes. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.]
Share the love
Get free updates