I wrestled with the idea of posting a Fab Friday today after hearing the news today about what transpired in Aurora, CO last night. My heart goes out to the victims of this horrible tragedy and their loved ones. I just can’t fathom how someone could do this to another human being and what would make them act in such a manner.
One thing the tragedy did remind me of – how blessed I truly am. Every day on this earth is a gift and, if anything, I’m going to definitely try to live in the moment more and, when I start to whine, I will remember that my problems are miniscule compared to others who have real issues to deal with. If I am whining, please feel free to slap me with a stiletto.
So – with that said, here’s this week’s Fab Friday.
1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale kicks off today for the general public and they have some great finds. I am obsessed with this Vince Camuto “Dira” bootie since I saw it in the catalog. I love the deep maroon color, perfect for fall. You can see some of my other obsessions from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale over at Fashionista+ today.
2. Last week, I headed into Center City for my first canning class with Marisa from Food In Jars. After class, I decided to wander a bit and found this fabulous kitchen store a few doors down, Gourmet of Olde City and they had a lovely marble salt box I couldn’t resist picking up along with a few other items (which I will share with y’all next week, pinky swear). You know how I am about marble (and copper, and Le Creuset and.. oh let me shush).
3. Isn’t this black and white Kitchen Couture Vintage Inspired Apron from Sur La Table adorable?
4. I am obsessed with this Emile Henry Caramel Ombre Loaf Pan. There’s something to be said about Emile Henry products – I use mine over and over again and I have never had a problem with them. More than likely, this will be in my kitchen come fall, just in time to make some spice cake.
5. How chic is this clear glass Essentials Honey Pot that Williams Sonoma just got in?
6. However, I might have to forget the one above and go with this more rustic honey jar. I love the wood detailing. Decisions, decisions.
7. One day, while wandering around Nordstrom, I saw this cookbook out of the corner of my eye and immediately picked it up. Making Wine, Liqueurs and Cordials is definitely part of my “culinary experiments” stash on the bookshelf – and I’ll be spotlighting a few recipes here just in time to prep for the holidays.
What’s on your agenda this weekend?
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. However, as always, my opinions are 100% my own]
Share the love
Get free updates