2013 is off to a roaring start and it’s only January 4th. I have a good feeling about this year. One thing I don’t have a good feelin’ about is the flu season and I’m trying to outrun the Sniffle Monster before I get caught up in its vice grip. It’s going to be nothing but writing, blogging, cooking and lots of orange juice around these parts this weekend. I’ve been working on my modified Eat In Challenge and it’s been going well, surprisingly. I thought for sure I’d cave at the end of Day 2 but I’m determined to try and see this through. I have a few quick meals I’ll be whipping up and making a few things for the freezer/fridge for grab and go moments.
In addition to doing the Eat In Challenge, I’m also determined to get the cookbook craziness that has taken over my household (and dining room table) under control. I’ll be organizing that this weekend and, from hereon out – a new cookbook in means a cookbook out. The Philly library is going to love me this year!
So – without further ado, let’s get to a bit of virtual shopping shall we?
1. I’m having major stiletto withdrawal. During the holiday season, I wouldn’t even let myself look in the stores lest I buy a pair. Online is one thing but those sales – those can kill my wallet and self-control. I did, however, finally cave to the call of the UGG for the winter so we’ll see how that pans out. (That scream you hear – it’s MeowMix demanding that my Stiletto Wench card be revoked.) Hey – it’s cold/snowy/wet and this gal doesn’t need the Sniffle Monster knocking at my door. However I really want to add some pops of color to my wardrobe for Spring/Summer 13 and I’m obsessed with all things coral lately. While I love the Louboutin version, my wallet is screaming “No No No” so thankfully, Alice + Olivia has a lovely coral patent leather pump that will last for more than a season.
2. Did you know that Le Creuset came out with yet ANOTHER color? For some reason, I am in a bright color sort of mood and I’m loving the new Soleil color. I really need to add the 5 ¾ dutch oven to the collection this year – perhaps a sunny yellow would go well with the others. What say you?
4. I hate to say it but stores everywhere are getting out the Valentines and Easter gear. One holiday goes, the next comes in – such is the story of retail. For those that love the little conversation hearts, check out these Chicago Metallic Conversation-Heart Cookie Cutters.
5. Now this idea I adore for the rustic kitchen – a French Hen Chalkboard Grocery List.
6. Speaking of chalkboard, what about these Chalkboard Placemats from Crate & Barrel – talk about a conversation starter.
7. In the Kitchen with David: QVC’s Resident Foodie Presents Comfort Foods That Take You Home was a cookbook that I picked up a number of times while holiday shopping and would put back down thinking “Oh I have so many – I don’t need another comfort food cookbook” but then I would start thinking about it on the drive home, then again during the day to day to the point of obsession so, finally, I bit the bullet. In 2 days time, Amazon had it on my doorstep. Can I say, I don’t know WHY I hesitated – there are some seriously fabulous recipes in here! Confession: I rarely watch QVC but, after seeing these recipes, I might just have to check out his show. On the deck to be made this weekend – his Amaretto Brioche French Toast with Cinnamon Butter. Tell me that doesn’t sound divine.
What are your weekend plans?
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate and/or referral links which help offset the cost of hosting this site. However, as always, my opinions are 100% my own]
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates