Like I said yesterday, it’s unbearably hot here in Philly so here are a few finds that might take your mind off the wall of humidity just waiting for you outside. (I’m just a barrel of sunshine, aren’t I?)
1. I absolutely adore these Spectator Leather Peep Toe Pumps from Ralph Lauren. They remind me of a pair of stilettos that I absolutely HAD to have from Steve Madden back in the day (and remember taking a tumble down some stairs with and breaking the heel). Needless to say, these shoes are definitely timeless (and probably a bit more well made than the Steve Maddens but I’ll shush).
2. I don’t think I have confessed this yet, but this gal finally bit the bullet and got herself a fancy Antique Copper KitchenAid Mixer. That happy dance of joy that you are hearing is SL now figuring out where the heck to put my ol’Jenn-Air Copper Mixer in his beautiful kitchen. In all seriousness, I should have just bought this lovely years ago. Thankfully, one of those “One Day” sales at Macy’s forced my hand with promises of 40% off + coupon and cash back. I’m already plotting for the pasta attachment and food grinder (for the Sous Pug – this way I can grind up his chicken and the vet will be happy, right?). I think the last thing on my kitchen bucket list is the French Kitchen Island that I’ve been lusting forever for but my wallet will be happy to hear that it’s not in the cards for quite some time.
3. I am over the moon obsessed with this All Clad Double Burner Grill Pan that I scored at Williams Sonoma last weekend. On the menu this weekend – some grilled pineapple and watermelon – should be a fun experiment. I’m seriously contemplating getting the griddle pan too (my cupboards are praying that I come to my senses. They are on strike currently due to the plethora of Le Creuset taking up cabinet real estate.)
4. Another confession – whenever I see this OXO Food Mill, I stop, look at it, and seriously debate buying it. Inevitably, I put it back on the shelf but, if I delve further into canning, I might just make the investment. Heck, it is much cheaper than the All-Clad and Rosle versions and seems to have much better reviews.
5. Speaking of canning, I did stumble across some new finds. I had to get this Progressive International Canning Funnel because I’m headspace illiterate. I can gage whether a pair of stilettos has 4″ or 5″ heels but when it comes to leaving 1/4″or 1/2″ headspace on a jar, I start to look at it as if it is an algebra problem that I have no chance at solving. Thankfully, this will give me a better reference. I also picked up the Progressive Canning Lifter – we’ll see if that is of any help (or the Evil Minx has a new bat about toy)
6. Stacey Ballis is one of my favorite authors (and, also, is BFF with the one and only Jen Lancaster). Her latest book, Off the Menu, was pre-ordered after hearing raves about it at Jen’s last book signing. Stacey’s last book, Good Enough to Eat, was one I couldn’t put down so I knew I’d adore this one. Hopefully there will be a book signing here in Philly soon! Get the book. Thank me later. You’re welcome. (BTW – for those that aren’t familiar with Stacey’s blog – you can find her at the Polymath Chronicles. Add it to your RSS Reader. Thank me later. You’re welcome.)
7. When I was at SOBE Wine & Food Festival a couple years ago, I picked up Cuban Chicks Can Cook: The Indispensable Guide to Basic Cuban Favorites. by Ana Quincoces Rodriguez and was really impressed with the recipes as I adore Cuban cuisine. Recently, when I was discussing the Real Housewives shows with a friend and explaining why I refuse to watch certain ones anymore (I’m over the Teresa, Nene, Jill and Vicki antics, quite frankly), the topic turned to the Real Housewives of Miami. I confess, I did enjoy the last season and was stoked to find out that one of the latest additions to the cast was none other than Ana Quincoces Rodriguez. I also found out that she has a new cookbook out, Sabor!: A Passion for Cuban Cuisine, which I promptly ordered and it is SO good. I’ll be looking forward to RHofMIA to see what antics those gals are up to.
What are your obsessions this week and, while we’re in full confession mode, have you gotten caught up in the Real Housewives drama – tell me about it!
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. However, my opinions, as always, are 100% my own]
Share the love
Get free updates