I don’t know about you, but I am ready to start a countdown for Spring’s arrival. I mean, I love the winter and breaking out the slow cooker, but, quite frankly, this winter has been *ahem* interesting. The weather forecasters here in Philly have been pulling a “Chicken Little” with the “Snow! OMGSNOWMAGGEDON! Wait – we’re only getting 4-8″ I meant 1-3″ – well, there’s snow in the forecast for next week” yadda yadda yadda – with each forecast, it’s a quest for dramatics. I’ve given up and, yes, while the snowboots are by the door [just in case], I’m personally looking forward to breaking out the spring gear and adding some pastel lovelies to the stiletto arsenal.
Can one ever get burnt out on shopping because, if so, I’m beyond guilty. I’m blaming the holidays and I even have gift cards that have been taking up residence in the wallet. I have, however, made use of Amazon because cookbooks wait for no one and there are some seriously fabulous cookbooks for this Spring & Summer – I’ll spotlight my faves next week.
So – let’s do a little virtual shopping shall we:
1. Key word for spring – pastel and these Alice + Olivia Danny Platform Patent Pumps had me captivated from the minute I saw them. I foresee a trip to Neiman Marcus in the horizon, at least to see these beauties up close.
2. To add to my growing decanter collection for the bar – this lovely Sam Decanter from Crate & Barrel for spring – just look at the bird detailing! Now what spirit to put in it – what reminds you of spring? I’m thinking perhaps some Sweet Tea or Blueberry Vodka – both of which are fabulous with lemonade.
3. While we are on the subject of barware, how gorgeous is this Limoncello Carafe and Glasses set from NapaStyle?
4. I committed a big no no – I tossed my stovetop espresso maker in the dishwasher and, long story short, it was an costly science experiment. It was covered in this white residue and it dawned on me – Aluminum + Dishwasher + Citrus Dishwasher Detergent = Disaster. Talk about having a blonde moment. Well, needless to say, that puppy was replaced. I wound up getting a Bialetti Moka Express 6-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker on the cheap from Amazon. Sur La Table has it at $34.95 and Amazon – well, let’s just say it was MUCH cheaper.
5. I was watching Jimmy Fallon the other night (did you see the one where Matt Damon commandeered the studio and held him hostage – hilar!). Anywhoo – Bobby Flay was on talking about one of his loves – burgers. In his opinion, one of the worst burger crimes is a burger with the cheese not fully melted. He made a point to cover the pan after he added the cheese and a slight bit of water to the pan to create steam, thereby melting the cheese. However, on a grill or grill pan (like I use during the winter), I really love the idea of this cheese melting dome. Perfectly melty cheese can only add to a perfect burger, right?
6. While we’re speaking of Food Network celebs, these OXO Adjustable Measuring Beakers are very “Alton Brown-esque” don’t you think?
7. Breakfast for Dinner: Recipes for Frittata Florentine, Huevos Rancheros, Sunny-Side-Up Burgers, and More!captured my eye when I saw it on my Instagram feed. I noticed it was written by Lindsay and Taylor from Love & Olive Oil so I knew the recipes and photography were going to be stellar. C’mon now – just the mere mention of Bacon Fried Rice should have your attention piqued. What about Loco Moco, Huevos Rancheros Tacos, Maple Bacon Cupcakes – does that have you convinced yet? OK – fine – they even show you how to make Bacon Bourbon! My book is flagged beyond belief with culinary projects to play with and it’s just the start of inspiration. It’s definitely worthy of being on the “loved much, use all the time” shelf of your cookbook stash. Plus – who doesn’t love having breakfast for dinner, right?
What’s got you obsessed this week?
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate and/or referral links which help offset the cost of hosting this site. However, as always, my opinions are 100% my own]
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates