One thing I look forward to on the weekends – Brunch. I can’t tell you the amount of cookbooks that I have that are based on brunch (or breakfast) so when I selected this week’s cookbook feature, I figured I’d base this week’s Fab Friday around the one thing that many of us adore – Brunch!
Let’s take a peek at this week’s Fab Friday finds:
1. I love the sass of these Via Spiga Nona pumps. Between the oxford and the leopard details, this will definitely garner some attention when rocked with some dark wash jeans when meeting the gals for brunch!
2. I love a good waffle for brunch – sweet or savory – and even for breakfast for dinner. I even caught something online recently where people made hash browns in their waffle maker via tater tots. (Sounds like an intriguing experiment). I’ve been looking for a square waffle maker for some time. The one I have is older and can be quite the headache because you have to peek, sometimes things aren’t done right – you know the drill. This Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker fits the bill with stellar reviews and quality construction. I’m sure that Macy’s will have a coupon with their frequent sales and Bed Bath and Beyond also carries it. (Every penny saved means a penny towards those Via Spiga lovelies, right?)
3. Poached eggs are still my downfall. I’ve tried many a time unsuccessfully to do the perfect poached egg – including the vinegar, the swirl, the MESS! You know the drill. I bought poaching “pods” that didn’t work and finally I’ve decided I’m going to get this Egg Poaching Pan from Demeyere because while I love a great poached egg, I love my sanity more and trying to get it done correctly was enough to drive me batty. This pan should help alleviate the poaching drama.
4. With brunch, I’m more of a gal that loves to serve everything buffet style and whatever I can prep the night before and bake off in the am, well then that’s perfect. This Oven to Table Covered Casserole would be perfect for some fabulous French Toast bread pudding don’t you think?
5. Regardless if you are serving brunch to yourself or to guests, use the good dishes. That’s at least the rule I try to follow – life is to short to not love the beautiful things you have and to use the beautiful things you have. I’m loving new dishware patterns lately – last week, I went colorful with Ingrid Hoffmann’s new Simplemente Delicioso line (which arrived yesterday and is STUNNING) and this weekend, I’ll be picking up a few things (like cereal bowls and plates) from Sur La Table’s new Italian Lace line.
6. Remember those snack cakes that we all loved so much growing up? Well, if you don’t want to make them from scratch and need a Vanilla Creme Snack Cake mix, Sur La Table has you covered. They also have the snack cake pan (which can do double duty for hot dogs!) and pastry filling set as well. Twinkies for brunch – who am I to judge, right?
7. This cookbook, Let’s Do Brunch: Sweet & Savory Dishes to Share with Friends, is one of my “oh thank heavens I picked this up” cookbooks. See – when I’m in Williams Sonoma, I tend to wander around, lust after the copper and Le Creuset and pick up any and all interesting cookbooks. I not only have a magazine addiction, but the cookbook situ at my house is OUT. OF. CONTROL! I picked this up along with a couple other lovelies and had to put it on the shelf for a spell – until last night. I decided to conquer the cookbook situ once and for all and am making an effort to cook out of each cookbook on the regular and was flipping through getting recipes to play with to showcase here. Let’s just say, I’m having a hard time deciding between Stone Fruit Salad with Lime Mint Sugar, Homemade Chicken Apple Sausage or Applesauce and Brown Sugar Crunch Cake to make first. Don’t even get me started on their frittatas. Great techniques, recipe ideas and more.
What’s your favorite “must have” brunch item?
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate and/or referral links which help offset the cost of hosting this site. However, as always, my opinions are 100% my own]
Share the love
Get free updates