It doesn’t seem like that long ago that we were dealing with the holiday craziness and it’s already summer – where does the time go? The official summer kickoff is here – Memorial Day – and I figured that I’d center this week’s Fab Friday on a few lovelies to make your Memorial Day weekend fantastic.
1. Before I forget – remember those DVF Wedges I was obsessed with before – well Nordstrom is featuring them in their Half-Yearly Sale so don’t sleep on that deal – they are too cute to pass up. Another great deal from the sale – these VC Signature Nadine Wedges. Another other lust item from the sale – the Stuart Weitzman Alex Espadrilles – you know, the ones that Jennifer Aniston and a host of other celebs rock come spring/summer and they are 40% off.
2. If you are looking for a flat sandal, you can’t go wrong with these Cole Haan Air Bridget sandals with the Nike Air technology built in – perfect for the shore!
3. With Memorial Day comes the start of the grill season. I plan on firing up the grill this weekend to make a few things – like my grilled veggie salad, perhaps some salmon (either with Mojo de Ajo or Citrus Salsa Verde) and whatever else strikes my fancy. One thing that I find vital when grilling – a thermometer. I’m so tempted to pick up this Thermometer Fork from Williams Sonoma. I’m a bit obsessive when it comes to making sure that everything is the right temperature. I also have a laser thermometer that I use often but I haven’t tried it on the grill just yet – I’m afraid I’d shoot the grill and not the food with that laser.
4. My grill is a standing George Forman – namely because we are not allowed to have gas or charcoal at the apartment complex. It works well and I can’t complain. I have never attempted to vertically roast a chicken in it but I think perhaps I should give it a whirl this weekend – what do you think? I have this vertical roaster from Sur La Table in the cookware cabinet – might as well attempt and, if it doesn’t work – I’m slippin’ this puppy in the oven.
5.With recent events, I think I’m going to have to break out the Sous Pug’s Zoku Maker – yes, you read that right. His Grandpa saw this in either Sur La Table or Williams Sonoma last year and thought that Wiggs should have his very own Quick Pop Maker. Since the little guy had to undergo another surgery this week and he’s feeling a bit sad, I figure I can whip him up a couple Watermelon & Honeydew Quick Pops to cheer the pup up.
6. In addition to the quick pops, I think it’s time to make some blueberry ricotta ice cream. I love the new bright colors of these Cuisinart Ice Cream Makers that Sur La Table has – especially the blue and the raspberry colors!
7. This is going to be one cookbook that will be used often this summer – The Hungry Mouse’s Slushed!: More Than 150 Frozen, Boozy Treats for the Coolest Happy Hour Ever. If you don’t read Jessie’s site, you really should. Actually – every blogger should read her site to see what happened to her when The Hungry Mouse got hijacked and how you can protect your blog from being hacked. I thought she was busy doing promo for the book when she stopped writing – I was horrified to hear how her domain was basically taken hostage and she had to wrangle with China to get it back. Kudos to her, the FBI and Senator Kerry (I knew there was a reason why I liked him!) on bringing the Hungry Mouse home!
What’s on your agenda this Memorial Day weekend?
[Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. My opinions, as always, are 100% my own]
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates