This weeks’ Fab Friday comes to you live and direct from all points South Beach. I’m in town this weekend for the 10th Annual Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival and, after all that nasty snow that Mother Nature slapped us with this winter, this is a well deserved breather. 81 degrees, a mojito and a cool breeze can make this gal happy in an instant. Oh – and writing this post from the front balcony of the Catalina Hotel & Resort doesn’t hurt either.
1. These Brian Atwood Maniac Stilettos in lime green just scream “Welcome To Miami”, don’t they? Something about South Beach mandates that bright colors are a must – not an option.
2. These shell measuring spoons from Anthropologie are whimsical, beautiful AND functional. Ahhhh – the clear blue waters of Miami – these would be a lovely reminder of a weekend by the sea.
3. You know Bren at Flanboyant Eats has been on my case about getting a pressure cooker forever! Every time I have used Ingrid Hoffmann’s Simply Delicioso by T-fal I have had amazing results so it’s only appropriate that I get over my pressure cooker fear with her new addition to her fab. cookware line – a 4.2 Qt. Stainless Pressure Cooker.
4. Michael Symon’s Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen has some great recipes, sage advice and insight from one of Food Network’s Iron Chefs. You can’t go wrong with any recipe from this book and it is a must for this gal’s kitchen. Also, kudos to Chef Symon – he took the coveted top spot in last night’s Burger Bash and, from what I heard, his burger was an homage to meat and to. die. for.
5. One of the top places on my radar to visit when I get back to Philly is Marc Vetri’s spot, Vetri. The chef is beyond amazing and very much buzzed about. He’s one of the featured chefs tonight at BubbleQ. I’m curious to see what dish is going to be front and center from him as well as the other 30+ chefs there. Someone pass the bubbly please
Share the love
Get free updates