Growing up, my family would often go to “the cottage” in Old Lyme during the summer. The cottage was a place where I knew that if I walked into the kitchen, more often than not in the morning, my Bampa would be making “fritters.” Now I’ve discussed my issue with anything pancakes before however I never regarded Bampa’s fritters as pancakes.
One of my favorite comfort foods that I make is my version of his corn or blueberry fritters. They come out perfectly every time and I keep them in the fridge to snack on if there are leftovers. He used Bisquick so that makes it a bit easier for this gal here. It’s one of those dishes that keeps him just a little bit closer to all of us.
Recipe adapted from Bisquick and, of course, my Bampa
- 2 cups Bisquick pancake mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small can of corn kernels, drained and rinsed.
- Grease or spray griddle or skillet if necessary. Heat over medium-high heat
- In medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients thoroughly. Add in milk and eggs.
- Stir all ingredients until blended.
- Pour batter by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle or skillet.
- Cook until edges are dry and bubbles form in center.
- Flip and cook until golden.
- Serve with butter and [Good] maple syrup.
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates