This post and giveaway are sponsored by Vocalpoint and Kellogg’s Origins™. All opinions are my own.
My days, much like yours, are crazy busy. It seems like I am always on the go, racing out the door to head to the 9to9 with little time to stop and enjoy breakfast. To combat the morning rush, I have been stocking up on options for grab-and-go breakfasts whether it’s yogurt parfaits in the fridge, overnight oats or some delicious muffins that I whip up on the weekend and can store in the freezer. While I love cereal, traveling with cereal is never an option. It gets too messy plus, I worry about keeping the milk adequately chilled for the commute as Philadelphia traffic is always an adventure. However, incorporating my favorite cereals into breakfast grab and go bites, now that I can do.
Kellogg’s Origins™ has some great products that I recently discovered, including delicious Raisin Apple Ancient Grains Granola that I keep on hand to mix with yogurt or to snack on and my absolute favorite is their Ancient Grains Blend Cereal that has a touch of honey and has great grains like quinoa, spelt, brown rice and barley. What I really adore about these products is that it is all good for you ingredients. Kellogg’s Origins has a number of granolas, cereals and muesli to choose from like Apricot Cashew Coconut with Raisins & Almonds Muesli, Cranberry Almond with Pumpkin Seeds Granola, and Fruit & Nut Blend Cereal.
When Kellogg’s Origins challenged me to come up with a delicious recipe that would incorporate their Ancient Grains Blend Cereal, these Harvest Crunch Muffins fit the bill. Packed with pumpkin and harvest fruits like apples, cranberries and cherries, flavored with a hint of spice and flakes of the Ancient Grains Blend Cereal woven throughout the batter as well as scattered on top for a crunchy bite, these muffins will be a family favorite! They are moist, rich and packed full of good for you ingredients, much like Kellogg’s Origins’ cereals, muesli and granola.
When you are looking for a delicious grab-and-go option for breakfast, make these Harvest Crunch Muffins. Be warned – they will disappear quickly!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Let’s sift some of the dry ingredients
Folding in the harvest fruits
Adding some Kellogg’s Origins Ancient Grains Blend Cereal to the batter
Ready for the oven
The perfect grab-and-go muffin!
Aly M. Cleary
These Harvest Crunch Muffins are a delicious grab and go breakfast option packed with the flavors of fall with a bit of crunch thanks to Kellogg's Origins Ancient Grains Blend Cereal.
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup of dried cherries
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups of diced granny smith apple (about 1 large peeled apple)
- 1 cup of Kellogg's Origins Ancient Grains Blend Cereal, divided
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray two muffin tins with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the dried cherries and cranberries and 2 tablespoons of hot water to plump them up.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the eggs, applesauce, pumpkin and 1/4 cup of water until it forms a light batter.
- In another bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin batter, taking care to not over mix.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold with a spatula, making sure to scrape the sides down.
- Add the diced apple and the soaked dried cherries and cranberries and fold them into the batter.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of Kellogg's Origins Ancient Grains Blend Cereal so that it is interspersed in the batter.
- Using a large cookie/ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tins three quarters of the way full.
- Top each muffin with the remaining Kellogg's Origins Ancient Grains Blend Cereal.
- Bake for 25 minutes or so until the top is golden and puffed and a toothpick, when inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tins for about 10 minutes
- Remove to a cooling rack and enjoy!
Kellogg’s Origins is having a great giveaway where you could win one of 10 delicious prize packs for your very own. My own pantry shelves will be stocked with these for breakfast options and I know that you will love them at first bite. Enter below to win!
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates