Growing up, if you had told me that I would become a fan of carrots and channel my inner Bugs Bunny, I probably would have laughed and told you that you were beyond crazy. Carrots and I are definitely not mixy things – or so I thought until the recent Easter holiday.
When looking for quick and easy sides to go with my Bourbon Cider Glazed Ham, I thought “Sunny Anderson always has the best sides!” Sure enough, it was Sunny to the rescue with her Honey Glazed Carrots.
This recipe is so simple but the real kicker is the lemon. That burst of citrus cuts through the sweetness and adds the perfect tang to this dish. When you are looking for a way to get the little ones to eat their carrots, try this and be amazed when they ask for seconds.
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add salt.
- Add the carrots and cook until tender for about 6 minutes or so.
- Drain the carrots and add them back to the saucepan.
- Add the honey, butter and lemon juice.
- Cook until a glaze forms, covering the carrots which should be about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with the flat leaf parsley.
Recipe from Sunny Anderson
Gather your ingredients
Mixing it all up
Share the love
Get free updates