As I’ve mentioned before, Tastebook is an amazing website where you can create a cookbook for recipes that you love or want to try. Where else can you find everything from Epicurious, Gourmet, Food Network and your favorite celebrity chefs i.e. Giada De Laurentiis, Tyler Florence, Emeril, Barefoot Contessa, etc. and have them delivered to you in a cookbook designed by YOU?
It’s one of my favorite sites and, while I already have a cookbook called Cooking In Style, I’m taking the plunge and compiling another called, what else, “Cooking in Stilettos“. In there are recipes from some of my favorite chefs which I use time and time again along with some family recipes and recipes that I find around the way.
Well, Tastebook is having a promotion in honor of the upcoming July 4th email. If you use the code “JULY4” at checkout, you get 15% off. It’s only good til July 7th so hurry up and take advantage of this great offer.
I keep hearing a buzz about Meyer Lemon Oil. Normally, when it calls for something like that, I’ve been know to *shhhh* take a little lemon zest and juice, put it in some extra virgin olive oil and set it aside for a bit to “bloom” or whatever. Lately, I’ve been getting emails and I keep seeing “Meyer Lemon Olive Oil”.
What say you: Yay or Nay?
1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE? Sex & The City. I’m not a movie gal – went to way too many back in the day when I first moved to town so movies and I normally are non-mixy things. However, if it’s George Clooney or S&TC related, I’m so there.
3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? Monopoly.
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE? Cooking Light or Bon Appétit; for Fashion – Cosmo/Glamour/Allure; for lifestyle: Orlando Magazine or Philadelphia Magazine.
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS? Apples; Fresh Coffee brewing.
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS? Birds chirping in the morning.
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Feeling “out of sorts” and “uninspired” – both of which have been running rampant over here.
8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE? “Ugh. Do I really have to go to the 9to5 today?”
9) FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE? Paneras.
10) FUTURE CHILDS NAME? Haven’t got a clue but more than likely Justine Nichelle (if it’s a girl) or Nicholas Justin (if it’s a boy). The reason I have it plotted out is in honor of two of the people closest to me who have since passed, Justine and Nick.
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D… pay off debt; pay off my father’s debt; buy a house and invest some – oh, and buy myself a pair of Loubous AND some gorgeous hammered copper Ruffoni pots.
12) DO U DRIVE FAST? Sadly, I do have a bit of a lead foot. I’ve curbed it a bit after speeding tickets back in the day and learning how much gas you blow when you speed.
13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Nope. A breathing, biting cat – yup.
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? Depends on the storm. Standard storm – sure, it’s okay – I just prefer to be inside and not be a drowned rat. If its a hurricane, oh that can be scary. I just try to keep calm that way I don’t tip off the cat.
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Chrysler LeBaron
16) FAVOURITE DRINK? Ice Coffee or a Cable Car Martini.
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD… blog more; write more; work on my own business.
18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? Sometimes.
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? Dying and I are non-mixy things after the Grammy debacle of the errant skunk stripe. I haven’t dyed it since I got it back into shape. I’ll stick with my natural dark blonde.
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN? Agawam, Mass; Chicopee, Mass; New Britain, CT; Lawrence, MA; Derry, NH; Orlando, FL and now, currently, Altamonte Springs, FL. There might be changes in the near future.
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Hockey! Baseball and basketball in small doses.
22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nikki is a fabulous food blogger who writes from the heart and you can tell that cooking is deep within the soul.
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED? Storage boxes and shoe boxes (c’mon – I’m the stiletto wench. I can only fit so much in the closet.)
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN? Sure, I guess. I don’t think I want to be reborn as a grasshopper or something else. I’ll just be me.
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? I’m more of a night owl. Too many years of working clubs and such has me still rebelling at early morning light.
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? I prefer over hard. That’s just me.
27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX? With my friends in Philadelphia.
28) FAVOURITE PIE? Hmmm.. I’d have to say Pumpkin. Blueberry and Apple run a close second and third, respectively.
29) FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR? Espresso Chip or Haggan Daz Creme Brulee.
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I don’t really tag but if you want to do it, feel free.
Saffron has been described as one of the world’s most expensive spices. However, when Spanish cooking is at the forefront, saffron is a must for any cook’s pantry. I mean, what is a paella without saffron, right?