Welcome to Day #6 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Today is our final day of #AppetizerWeek. We hope you have enjoyed it as much as we have! Should we make it an annual event? I think so!
I cannot believe that Appetizer Week is coming to a close. Let me tell you – not only did I get a ton of appetizer ideas for the Big Game, but also I have found some amazing blogs, fabulous recipes and the prizes – oh heavens – the prizes. Our fearless leaders, Kim and Kristen really went above and beyond for the readers and today’s giveaway is beyond amazing. More on that in a moment.
To finish up Appetizer Week, I knew that wings had to be in the mix. My gal Sunny Anderson has a killer wing CHAPTER in her cookbook, Sunny’s Kitchen and these PB&J wings are my absolute favorite. I know – you are going “Aly – PB&J is a SANDWICH not a WING” but hear me out. Grape jelly goes well in a ton of dishes (including my tried and true Southern aka Grape Jelly Meatballs). Peanut sauce goes fabulous with chicken. So – if you marry the two, you have a sweet, spicy, and salty combo that will have you licking your fingers and looking for more because these wings are THAT good.
When you see how easy this recipe is to throw together, this will definitely be a go-to. One thing I did was bake the wings because, while I do love a fried wing, I have Miami on the schedule in May and my butt does not need any fryer action. So – baking the wings was a healthier spin on the traditional and the oven did all the work. Secondly – the sauce is beyond delicious but remember that it is molten peanut butter & jelly while it’s simmering – so be careful when tasting for seasoning.
So – for the Big Game – why not whip up a batch of these along with the traditional wing options. I promise you – these PB&J wings will be star of your Game Day Buffett.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Coconut CREAM not milk – and make sure to mix everything first
Baking instead of frying – I know I know – don’t shoot me
Easiest wing sauce ever – sweet and spicy
Time to marry the wings and the sauce
- 10 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup of grape jelly
- ⅓ cup of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce
- 1½ tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of hot water (if needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a plastic bag, add your chicken wings, the canola oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Mix well so each wing is well coated.
- On a baking sheet (rimmed and on a rack preferably because you don’t want grease going all over your oven like someone we might know who used a rimless baking sheet cough cough my poor oven cough cough), lined with foil, tumble out the wings.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, until the wings are crispy and cooked through.
- While the wings are baking, make your sauce.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the peanut butter, grape jelly, coconut cream, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and a bit of water to loosen up everything.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let thicken for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven to a paper lined plate and then, in a large bowl, toss together the wings and the sauce.
- Garnish with some chopped peanuts, serve with some extra sauce and enjoy.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more dishes for the Big Game:
- Farewell to Appetizer Week by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Farewell to Appetizer Week by Kiss My Smoke
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Kickin’ Meatballs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Vegan Creamy Spinach Dip by Je suis alimentageuse
- Salsa Cheesecake by Organized Island
- Jalapeno Cheddar Bites by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Parmesan and Dill Snack Crackers by From Gate to Plate
- Game Day Guacamole by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Spiced Popcorn by Wonky Wonderful
- Smoked Salmon Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Queso Stuffed Padron Peppers over Romesco by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Hoisin Beef and Scallion Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Smoked Salmon Potato Stacks by Food Lust People Love
- Party Pinwheels by My Catholic Kitchen
- Parmesan Asparagus Phylo Spears by Makobi Scribe
- Black Bean Hummus by Home Cooking Memories
- Mini Beef Wellingtonsby Clarks Condensed
- PB & J Wings by Cooking In Stilettos
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Rosemary and Sea Salt Roasted Almonds by Try Anything Once Culinary
Today’s giveaway is absolutely amazing. It is a huge cookbook giveaway, one winner takes ALL. We would like to thank Healthy Slow Cooking, Scarletta Bakes, Quarry Spoon and Fair Winds Press. We appreciate all our sponsors and folks who helped put together this fabulous giveaway. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Sorry to all our Canuck and International friends.
List of cookbooks up for grabs for #AppetizerWeek, one winner takes ALL:
Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just For You by Kathy Hester
The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester
The New Southwest: Classic Flavors with a Modern Twist by Meagan Micozzi
Easy as Pie Pops: Small on Size and Huge on Flavor and Fun by Andrea Smetona
Bake and Destroy: Good Food for Bad Vegans by Natalie Slater
Vegan Food Gifts by Joni Marie Newman
Whole Grain Vegan Baking by Celine Steen
Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats From Around the World by Allyson Kramer
The Flavorful Kitchen Cookbook by Molly Krause
500 Paleo Recipes by Dana Carpenter
Paleo Sweets and Treats by Heather Connell
Fire in my Belly by Kevin Gillespie
Latin American Street Food by Sandra Gutierrez
Eat your Vegetables by Joe Yonan
Cooking Slow by Andy Schloss
a Rafflecopter giveaway
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by sponsors. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates