Welcome to the day 2 of Cookie Week, hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen! We’ve teamed together with 10 other talented bloggers to bring you 5 fantastic days of cookie recipes to get you in to the holiday spirits. If you love to pin make sure to check out our #CookieWeek Pinterest board full of all the cookie recipes you’ll see here this week!
I decided that I’d play Frankenwench in my kitchen today and whipped up a batch of Pineapple Cookies with Vanilla Rum Glaze for #CookieWeek. You know, I love lots of reasons to incorporate cocktails into my desserts and these cookies were complimented by the rum both in the glaze and in the cookie batter. Add to that a taste of the tropics with some crushed pineapple and you have a cakey type cookie that your guests will go “What IS that flavor?!” as they are reaching for another cookie.
The glaze can be a bit runny – but the first person that complains, send them my way – I’ll tell them that they are “rustic” because, quite frankly, the flavors totally outweigh the look of the glaze having a mind of it’s own and “exploring” the baking sheets. I can see that these cookies will be part of the holiday cookie swaps and if you want to add a bit of sparkle, feel free to add some sparkling sugar. What I do know is that one bite of these will have you thinking of swaying palm trees, waves hitting the shore and you having a cocktail in one hand, this cookie in the other.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Mixing in the crushed pineapple with a touch of vanilla and rum
A quick sauna in the oven
Let’s make the glaze – starting with the reserved pineapple juice
Shall I pass you one?
- For the cookies:
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of rum
- 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice
- 2 cups of flour
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (I used Susan's vanilla salt again)
- For the Vanilla Rum Glaze:
- 1¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon of white rum
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until fully incorporated.
- Follow that with the crushed pineapple, vanilla extract, rum and pineapple juice. Mix until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a spatula, gently mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop balls of the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheets. Bake for 20 - 21 minutes until fully golden. Let cool.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, pineapple juice, rum vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- When it's reached its desired consistency, drizzle or coat the cooled cookies with the glaze.
Our sponsors for this event have provided us with some great prizes and we’d like to extend a huge thank you for their generosity. Thanks to Imperial Sugar, Circulon, Peanut Butter & Co. and Page Street Publishing for being a part of Cookie Week!
Make sure to stop by and see what else is baking up today.
- White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies by The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Cookie by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Fudge Filled Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups by Chocolate Moosey
- Guava Thumbprint Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Oreo Cookies by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Pineapple Cookies with Vanilla Rum Glaze by Cooking in Stilettos
How to enter:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment telling us know what your favorite cookie is to bake during the holidays.
- Many more additional ways to enter in the rafflecopter widget.
1 (one) lucky person will win a the prizes listed above, who will be randomly chosen through Rafflecopter. This giveaway is open from Monday, November 3rd, 2014 to Monday, November 11th 11:59 EST to US residents only. 1 winner will be contacted by me via email and will have 48 hours to respond, at which time a new winner will be drawn. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates