This delicious Slow Cooked Leg of Lamb is made easy thanks to the slow cooker. Just a few ingredients and the slow cooker does all of the work for a scrumptious dinner!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Growing up, we didn’t often have lamb, but, when we did, my Bampa would make his famous Lamb Meatballs. Being Irish, lamb should be in the family DNA, however outside of the Lamb Meatballs or an occasional rack of lamb I’d see on a restaurant menu, my exposure to lamb was minimal.
The American Lamb Board asked us to create a global dish with their Natural American Lamb and I knew this is something my Bampa would encourage me to try. I was thrilled to learn that not only is it local and here in the states, but it’s affordable too! So, when a box arrived on the doorstep with the most perfect boneless leg of lamb, I knew that I’d draw on my Irish roots and let the lamb’s natural flavor shine through. I would accent it with root veggies, like carrots and parsnips with a bit of onion and garlic and fresh rosemary. While I originally was tempted to cook it low and slow in the oven, I decided to let my slow cooker do the heavy work and, when I got home from work, the house smelled fantastic and dinner was a home run. The lamb was tender and moist and the flavors were out of this world. If my Bampa was still here, I’m sure he would have loved this recipe! American Lamb will be on the menu more often.
When you are looking for a little rustic Irish recipe that lets lamb take center stage, break out the slow cooker and make this delicious Slow Cooked Leg of Lamb! Serve with Honey Ginger Green Beans and Roasted Apples on the side and you’ll have everyone asking for seconds!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Look at this beauty! The most perfect boneless leg of lamb
Lamb and Rosemary pair beautifully together
OK – sauna’s over – let’s get you plated for dinner
Look at how beautiful this slow roasted leg of lamb is!
Slow Cooked Leg Of Lamb in the Slow Cooker
This slow cooked boneless leg of lamb is moist, tender and full of flavor. The slow cooker does all of the heavy work with just a few ingredients – the perfect holiday or Sunday dinner!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 3 pound boneless leg of lamb, tied or with oven safe netting
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- In either a slow cooker insert that is okay to use on the stove or in a large skillet over medium high heat, add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Brown the lamb on all sides and set aside.
- Add the diced onion, carrots, parsnips and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Nestle the browned boneless leg of lamb into the vegetable mixture.
- Pour over the beef broth and set the timer to 8 hours on low.
- Let cook and, when done, serve with some of the slow cooked vegetables and roast potatoes on the side.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Additional disclosure, I was provided with the cut of lamb for recipe development.
My favorites for this recipe:
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates