Sweet and salty – in a chocolate chip cookie? Please don’t give me that look. To me, sweet and salty is like yin and yang – they go together hand in hand. Trust me when I say that this can only be made better if I add a little Captain Morgan to this mix. The original recipe suggested that I add unsalted peanuts but since I didn’t have any on hand, I decided to forgo that idea and just kept it simple. This is a chocolate chip cookie recipe that will have everyone wondering why the cookie just tastes so good. Don’t worry – I won’t tell them the secret ingredient if you won’t.
- 1 cup all purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large3 egg
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. course sea salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Weigh or lightly spoon the flour into a measuring cup and level with a knife.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together, with a handheld mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add the vanilla and egg to the butter & sugar mixture until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating it at low speed until blended. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and salt into the batter.
- Drop the dough with either a small ice cream scoop or teaspoons onto baking sheets that have been either sprayed lightly with cooking spray or on a silpat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until the edges are lightly browned and crisp.
- Cool the baked cookies on the pan for 5 minutes, and remove to cool completely on wire racks.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Gather The Ingredients
After sifting the ingredients together, gently fold in the chocolate chips
Whoever invented the silpat deserves a great big hug!
Make sure to let them cool
Not your average chocolate chip cookie
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates