Some great posts to spotlight this week:
- Ess Eppis brings up some valid points in her post, “Does Eating Local Really Make a Difference?”
- Kathy at Panini Happy has cut out the middleman and does her panini pop-tarts.
- Michael Ruhlman gets practical in his video on parchment paper technique (Note: I was a circle trace girl, no longer!)
- Food Network’s Sunny Anderson is back in the studio as she starts filming her EIGHTH (yes EIGHTH) season of Cooking for Real. Congrats Sunny!
- Coco, of Coco Cooks had dinner at Top Chef Winner, Stephanie Izzard’s new Chicago restaurant, The Girl and the Goat. At this rate, I’m ready to book a quick flight to Chi-town and drag Hotfessional and Kristabella out for dinner there!
- David Lebovitz is, imo, one of the baking masters! I can sit there and leaf through is Ready for Desserts book and go “I CAN DO THIS!” and then I remember, “Lys, your baking skills – definitely need some practice first!”. His recent post on Baking Ingredients and Food Substitutions has been bookmarked and, eventually, I hope that, with practice, I can make my desserts look almost as delectable as his.
- Butter My Kitchen has a great recipe for refrigerator pickles which will help lead one into that lovely canning season.
- White on Rice sundried their own tomatoes – how cool is that?!?!
- And, finally, one of my absolute fave people, Chef Manouschka, spoke at a recent Hollywood event about her revalation and what put her on her current path towards a culinary entertainment career. Take a minute please and check it out – it really showcases the “right place at the right time.”
Back to receipes, spotlights and more next week – bring on the fall!