I’m really enjoying my new slow cooker. I’ve learned that if I make a nice batch of something, the leftovers transition into other meals during the week and that helps during the Eat In Challenge when I’m tempted to pick up the phone and call for takeout. Honestly, with this injury, I’m hesitant on doing any big chopping, etc. so this recipe translated well into great ideas for other meals including a quick casserole with the leftover rice and a honey garlic chicken panini with some fresh arugula and buttery fontina another night. I also added a bit of red pepper for a tiny tang of heat in the background.
This recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken is one you will use over and over. It’s super simple and doesn’t take a lot of preparation. Plus, your wallet with thank you for not calling in for takeout.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Jasmine or Basmati Rice for Serving
- Season your chicken thighs with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet (or in slow cooker insert if able) over medium heat and cook chicken thighs until evenly browned on all sides. Place thighs in slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and reserved pineapple juice. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on High.
- Stir in pineapple tidbits just before serving.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Remove chicken thighs from the slow cooker. Blend the cornstarch mixture into the remaining sauce in the slow cooker to thicken. Serve sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with jasmine or basmati rice.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
Don’t Forget To Shape Your Rice – Presentation Presentation Presentation!
Viola! The Final Product
Share the love
Get free updates