I know, I know – flog me now. I’m recommending a RR Recipe. However, I have to say, this vodka pasta is super simple, flavorful and just straight out rocks. Now, I know you are all going “Lys, you made it and you’re single. The title says won’t be single for long. What’s up with that?” Quite simply, I have never used it on a special guy – just my friends and fam. However, if I did whip out this recipe for a certain someone, trust me, it would make him cry tears of contented happiness.
This recipe is one that you can put in your arsenal and don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone that it’s courtesy of Rachael Ray. It will be our little secret.
Recipe courtesy of FoodNetwork.com and Rachael Ray
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, once around the pan in a slow stream
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1 cup vodka
1 cup chicken stock
1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)
Coarse salt and pepper
16 ounces pasta, such as penne rigate
1/2 cup heavy cream
20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
Crusty bread, for passing
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots. Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Add vodka to the pan, 3 turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup. Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente (with a bite to it). While pasta cooks, prepare your salad or other side dishes.
- Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
- Pass pasta with crusty bread.
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates