This easy Tuna and White Bean Salad, packed with protein and crisp veggies, is a delicious idea for dinner or lunch and ready in about 15 minutes!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links of products I adore and trust in my kitchen. Thank you for supporting Cooking In Stilettos!
I have a recipe that has become a new favorite in my house – this easy Tuna and White Bean Salad that comes together in a matter of minutes with just a few ingredients from the pantry and veggie crisper.
I have been on the go for the past few months. Between various obligations and traveling between Philly and Connecticut, sometimes I feel like I get burnt out making the same dinners or something that has a ton of steps. For dinner, I wanted something light, fresh and wouldn’t take forever to make. I had seen this Tuna and White Bean Salad in Joanne Weir’s cookbook, Cooking Confidence, and had it bookmarked to play with. This salad, much like my Middle Eastern Chickpea Salad, was just what I was looking for and was ready in about 15 minutes.
Confession time: when I get a bit annoyed, I love heading to my kitchen to get my veggie chopping on and this salad had a bit of chopping prep. Lately, I have been dealing with a few issues and I was just straight up cranky, so I brandished my favorite Global nakiri knife and the English cucumber and red onion bore the brunt of my anger as I chopped my little heart out. By the time the salad came together, the mood had changed and all was right in the world.
This salad is so light and fresh and is fantastic on its own, but I wanted to take it to the next level and served it with whole wheat pitas and some peppery arugula and it was a hit. It was light, yet filling, and the leftovers made for a delicious lunch the next day.
If you are looking for something fresh and light for dinner, you are going to adore this easy Tuna and White Bean Salad.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Tip – soak the red onion in a bit of cold water for a few minutes to take off the bite
Dicing the cucumber – make sure to take the seeds out first
Look at these gorgeous cherry tomatoes – so vibrant!
This vinaigrette is so easy – just a few ingredients that need a quick whisk
Everything is ready and ready to mix
Tuna and White Bean Salad Gorgeousness
Adapted from Joanne Weir
This easy Tuna and White Bean Salad comes together in about 15 minutes and is a light and fresh idea for dinner or lunch!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 6-ounce cans of white albacore tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 2 15-ounce cans of cannellini beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 pint of fresh red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 1/4 cup of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Fresh arugula
- Whole-wheat pitas
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice and cumin. Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil until everything comes together perfectly. Whisk in the salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flaked tuna, cannellini beans, red onion, diced English cucumber, halved tomatoes and flat leaf parsley.
- Toss everything together and drizzle half of the vinaigrette over the salad and fold everything together. If you find it needs more vinaigrette, add more as needed. Remember, you can always add more as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve on its own or stuffed into halved whole wheat pitas with a bit of peppery arugula.
You May Also Like
Share the love
Get free updates