Looking back at what I had planned for 2013, boy was I way off. This year has knocked me on my butt way more than once. I lost my bloggy voice, my beloved Sous Pug headed to the Rainbow Bridge, and I did not do as much retail therapy as I used to. My priorities changed. My outlook changed and, to be honest, I changed. The person I was years ago is not the person who I am now and, quite frankly, the one that I am now – I kinda like her – even if she is a bit “outspoken.” With all that has happened, I learned that there is truth in the saying that some people are in your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
Some things I am very thankful for this year is the power of friendship. I’m blessed that there are some amazing people that have come into my life, both from the past and current, which have kept me on sanity’s path – especially after losing Wiggs. They have been amazing and I look forward to lots of adventures with them in 2014. Another added bonus – I have a ton of new amazing blogs to read going into the New Year. While I would like to look back and spotlight what happened this past year, I get a bit teary so let us just look forward shall we?
- In 2014, of course I have a cooking class on the agenda – just where and when is up for grabs. I’m planning on taking some classes either at The Restaurant School or at Sur La Table if time allows. Heavens know that my knife skills are a bit rusty.
- One of the other items on the 2014 agenda is a class for photography. I swear – every time I pick up the camera, I learn something new so this year I really need to buckle down and get those gorgeous shots done. I finally bought an upgraded big girl camera – just need to learn how to use all the bells and whistles.
- One of the things I’m planning for 2014 is a new “frock” for the blog – 2013 had a spiffy new logo put into play and, quite frankly, the blog needs a dress to match the pretty stilettos, don’t you think?
- A personal 2014 goal is to organize the cookbooks and the kitchen. Right now it’s in a bit of a flux and I need to find a new way to balance the needs of a food blogger’s kitchen (pots and pans are in cabinets everywhere – the pantry needs a severe overhaul and I really need to find some counter space!). Whenever I’m photographing something, things fall, things shuffle and I’m either burning myself or banging my head on something. Plus – when you have the evil minx running underfoot while you are cooking – not a fun sight.
- Time management has never been my strong suit so while I hope to rectify that, I also plan on changing things up here a bit and being more “on schedule”. With what I have in the works, it’s going to be challenging but I think it can be done.
- In terms of travel, while I did go to Food Blog Forum last year, I wasn’t able to hit any other conferences. In 2014, I plan to be a bit more of a traveler. While I’m hopefully going to South Beach for all things SOBE Wine & Food in February, I do know I’m definitely heading down to Miami for BlogHer Food ’14. Also on the blog conference agenda – Eat. Write. Retreat. There might be one other – either Mixed or Food Blog Forum – it all depends.
There are some exciting developments in the works for 2014, both on the personal and the professional front, so you know that I will divulge when the time is right. I made the decision that there is no time like the present so when life gives you lemons, make limoncello, sit back and enjoy!
What culinary / blog goals do you have planned for 2014?
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates