Correction, it’s not just The Bachelor – most of reality tv baffles me. I’m the type of gal who can’t watch a movie such as Dumb & Dumber because I don’t have patience for people acting without common sense. I have trouble watching reality “dating” shows because a) we all know that their version of “reality” is *ahem* a tad far from that and b) where else where you see so many damn people professing their “love” for someone within a few days of meeting them, ya know? I also can’t stand watching drama queens act a fool ala Nene and Kim from the Real Housewives. You see where I’m going, right?
I never succumbed to the Bachelor/Bachelorette fascination. However, being afflicted with a flu bug from hell tends to affect one’s television decisions – either that or I’m just to weak to change the channel on the remote. Tonight, while waiting for the Sudafed Triple Action to attempt to work some action on this hacking cough and utter icky-ness that has made my life hell for a week, I decided to give it a chance. Quite frankly, I am stupefied. I have never seen such a bunch of women throw themselves at a guy and cry, whine, bitch and moan over this guy who is clearly looking for camera time his wife. Perhaps I just tend to think like a guy but, quite frankly, if a relationship takes that much effort from the get-go, perhaps these women are just over-thinking it. I found myself screaming at the tv like it was a football game and, if I had the choice, I would probably slap a bunch of those wenches upside the head NCIS style and tell them to drop the manipulation, back-biting and get a clue – it’s not rocket science. I have to say, should I be compelled to watch this again, I need copious amounts of wine to deal. Have you fallen prey to the Bachelor?
To thank you for indulging me in my diatribe of my recent foray into reality tv watching horror, here is a treat courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa – her Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins. Perhaps they might provide some comfort to those girls that were left without a rose.
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons "good" vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 half-pints fresh blueberries, cleaned and without stems
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 24 paper liners in muffin pans. (Note: the recipe called for 16 muffins – I got 24 out of the batter).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed.
- Fold in the blueberries with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.
Recipe from the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten
Gather The Ingredients
Aren’t these measuring cups fab? Love the teacup quality…
Oops – overzealous sifting resulted in phone casualty and starting all over again with the dry ingredients.
The Final Result – the perfect blueberry muffin – you will never use a box mix again
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates