Sometimes recipes need variety – or changes. One recipe that is so ingrained in my head that I can make it by memory is Grown Up Girlie’s Southwestern Chicken Soup. however, this time I decided to play around in my pantry and this version made the cut. The chipotle salsa had quite the kick and y’all know how much I adore Smoked Paprika.
When you want to warm up a bit, try this Chipotle Southwestern Corn Soup and bask in the compliments.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded chicken (from a small rotisserie chicken or leftovers)
- 1 small onion
- 1 15 oz can of cannellini beans
- 1 15 oz jar of chipotle salsa
- 1 11 oz can of southwestern corn medley (Green Giant is my recommendation)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. mexican oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sour Cream or Creme Fraiche
- Flat Leaf Italian Parsley
- Dice the onion and saute in a bit of olive oil until soft. Add the minced garlic.
- Add the cumin and stir for a second.
- Deglaze the pan with a bit of the chicken stock. Add the chipotle salsa, cannellini beans, southwestern corn, paprika, Mexican oregano and the remainder of the chicken stock. Stir and bring to a slight simmer.
- Add in the chicken and the lime juice.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with the sour cream or creme fraiche and parsley.
Adapted from Real Simple Recipe
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates