Life is all about the curve ball sometimes. Someone pass me the Cruzan please because this gal is going to need a cocktail before this day is over. So, as I try to think happy thoughts, here are a few things that have me enamored this weekend as I look forward to September’s impending arrival.
1. I promised you I’d wait a bit and, well, since it is after the 15th, I can actually talk about something that makes me VERY happy – the arrival of Boot Season. I’m a gal who will rock a 5″ stiletto boot and have no qualms about it and these Rachel Zoe Bella lovelies are earmarked for my shoe arsenal this season. Gold detailing, heel that can do some serious damage and a sass all it’s own. Plus – it’s much cheaper than, shall I say, a Louboutin so that leaves a gal some funds for the Le Creuset, right?
2. I don’t think I have professed my love for Open Sky enough… and, today, I was able to score this lovely Emile Henry Pizza Stone in a gorgeous shade of Figue (purple) for 10% off. I look forward to their emails daily and have been able to get some seriously fab deals such as fennel & dill pollen, sturdy CIA towels that have caused me to forever forgo potholders, and a kickazz Bamboo Pot Scrubber that makes cleaning my cast iron a breeze (thanks Michael Ruhlman). In Open Sky has some amazing curators like Michael Ruhlman, Tom Colicchio, Dorie Greenspan, Lidia Bastianich, Aida Mollenkamp and, recently joined, Marcela Valladolid – there are WAY too many to name. These lifestyle curators (in food, health, style and design) showcase deals that cannot be missed of products they swear by. Open Sky has quickly become one of my fave online shopping destinations and they have YET to steer me wrong. Check them out and, if you haven’t joined, why not join – it’s free!
3. In the midst of the chaos that is my mind right now, I think I need to do some mindless work and organizing everything in my kitchen/pantry and fridge is first on my agenda. Check out these Fridge Binz that I noticed at The Container Store this week. If you want some good ideas for organization, may I intro you to one of my new fave blog obsessions, IHeart Organizing – she showcased her kitchen cabinet ideas and a quick Q&A this week that flipped the proverbial switch for me to get my “house in order!” Now if only I can find something to organize all these cookbooks that are begging to be reviewed and put to good use in the kitchen. How do you guys organize your cookbooks, etc.? Any ideas, tricks & tips?
4. Fine Cooking in Season: Your Guide to Choosing and Preparing the Season’s Best has been on my radar for a hot minute now. For a gal who looks forward to the impending arrival of each Fine Cooking issue as much as she looks forward to seeing this month’s Vogue, it’s a given that I pretty much trust Fine Cooking’s recipes and cookbooks. This cookbook was one of my favorite recent purchases and I have a few recipes earmarked to make use of the upcoming fall season produce.
5. While we talk about magazines and the fall arrival, can I say what else I’m looking forward to: WHERE WOMEN COOK‘s new issue. I swear – the peeps at the local B&N are sick of my Friday stalkin’ as I look for the new issue for Fall 2011. Amazing photographs, inspiring ideas and some seriously great features are a staple in every single issue. I have the past three and have been beyond impressed. Kudos to Where Women Cook for making each quarterly issue a delight! Now, if I may make a small request – please hurry up and let us see Fall 2011 issue? I’m dyin’ over here! Don’t even get me started about their Where Women Cook: Celebrate!: Extraordinary Women & Their Signature Recipes cookbook that’s due for release on Oct. 4th – I might just start a countdown NOW! Thank god for pre-order.
What’s got you obsessed this week?
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates