This weekend is the last weekend of summer and, quite frankly, I’m ready for fall. I’ve got the kitchen pantry packed with lots of fall-esque ingredients to play with for the weekend as I start whippin’ up some delish recipes for Cooking In Stilettos.
Yesterday, I had to finally break down and get new glasses, so I took the time while I was waiting for them to get done to wander around the King of Prussia mall and get a little inspiration for this week’s Fab Friday. So, before I start waxing poetic on how much I’m not a fan of wearing glasses and yadda yadda yadda – let’s get to shopping, shall we?
1. Some time ago, I joined this fab shoe club, Sole Society. I belonged to another (and no, not the one that has a certain reality gal shilling for it) and was far from pleased with the quality of the shoes that I bought from it. However, I took a chance and joined Sole Society and I can’t rave highly enough about them. Reasonable prices, decent shoes that are trendy and classic and some with serious attitude – basically my kind of shoe club. These Helena booties that came across my path this week had me salivating and, guess what, genuine leather without a super pricy price tag. Guess what’s being added to the stiletto arsenal this month – now to decide – red suede or black leather – or both. Not a member? You can join Sole Society for free.
2. One of my first stops in KOP was Williams Sonoma. Not only did I get some fantastic scoop for y’all (you have to wait til next week- but it’s worth it), it was pumpkin-alooza in the store. I can see my pantry is going to revolt because, while I may have days where I want to try a recipe from scratch, if I do get something jarred, many times I have some lovelies from Williams Sonoma stocked in the pantry. On the radar: Pumpkin Parmesan Pasta Sauce, Pumpkin Curry, Pecan Pumpkin Butter and perhaps a few bags of their Spiced Pumpkin Seed Brittle (soooooo good!) You also can’t forget their Butternut Squash Puree – perfect for a plethora of fall dishes!
3. One of the pans I lost to the “baking spray calamity of 2012” is my pumpkin loaf pan. Thankfully, Crate & Barrel has a bronze non-stick pumpkin loaf pan that will be in my kitchen for some lovely fall breads!
4. How adorable is this pumpkin dishtowel? My kitchen is going to be decked for fall at this rate with all things pumpkin (my friend Bec is probably shaking her head going “Pumpkins, Aly – really? Remember the Chicopee Apple Kitchen Nightmare.” Hey – I’m a themed kitchen gal *LOL*)
5. This stretch trivet from Joseph Joseph will come in handy around the holidays. I always have a plethora of pots and pans on the stove, especially during the fall or when I get in one of my “cook everything from scratch” days and the number of trivets I have are few. This looks like it will take up very little space – not like my Le Creuset trivet that can be used as a weapon since it’s so heavy and, while beautiful, just isn’t practical when you have small counters. *sigh*
6. I would LOVE this for the center of my dining table – I’m not only a sucker for all things copper, teal (and pumpkin, apparently), but this French Kitchen Marble Fruit Bowl. That would even look good in the center of my French Kitchen Marble Island if I ever cave and buy it – my b’day is coming up and the holidays and … oh let me shush.
7. Baked Elements: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients is one of my new favorite fall cookbooks. You should see my cookbook shelf – it’s ready to kill me! Just flipping through it briefly yesterday at Williams Sonoma, I caught a few recipes that were begging to be made this weekend. I adored their last book, Baked Explorations so I’m excited to see what culinary delights I can whip up in my kitchen, including their pumpkin cinnamon rolls (told you – I’m on a pumpkin kick!) Don’t worry – I’ll share my findings here but seriously, if you see the book, take a peek. Three words my friends – Baking With Booze. You’re welcome.
Are you excited for fall? Any excited plans for the long weekend? Tell me!
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate and/or referral links which help offset the cost of hosting this site. However, as always, my opinions are 100% my own]
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates