June is officially here! However, here in Philly – it feels more like July but there is so much on the agenda for this summer, I think it’s going to be a good one. Before I talk your ear off – let’s dive right into this week’s Fab Friday – I think you are going to love these finds.
- These Elizabeth & James Stela pumps remind me of something I might have seen in a tv movie of the Salem Witch Trials but, you know what, they are growing on me a bit. Perhaps they need to be seen in person before I can officially say yay or nay, right?
- The other day, I was shopping and saw some chalkboard canisters for my kitchen but they had a spoon on the side that did not allow them to be stacked close together. Counter space is at a premium for me so when I saw these Chalkboard Canisters from JCPenney and at a killer price with stellar reviews, you know what is being added to my kitchen this week.
- Lately, I have been thinking about hosting a fondue soiree. Cheese and crudite – how bad could that be right? Williams Sonoma has a Le Creuset Fondue pot in a gorgeous shade of blue that promises easy cleanup, stunning looks and that Le Creuset quality. I think that will be coming home with me this month.
- I have been eyeing this Tiago Light Blue Tortilla Warmer for a bit now and, finally, Crate and Barrel has it on sale. I love the color much more than the average terracotta color and think this would be perfect for summer entertaining.
- I have been horrid lately with drinking water and really don’t want to keep buying bottled water when I travel. I saw this Set of 5 Waterweek Bottles at Crate and Barrel and I think it will be perfect for keeping in the fridge. Plus – I can maximize that Brita Pitcher that I bought and don’t have to keep buying cases of bottled water – that’s a win-win in my book.
- Asking me to pick my favorite cookbook find right now is like asking me to choose between the SousPug and the EvilMinx – can’t do it. So – I’ll be kind and give you TWO of my cookbook obsessions that I have been reading through. First up is The BrokeAss Gourmet Cookbook by Gabi Moskowitz. I happened to find it while wadering through Barnes & Noble one evening and saw the title. Well, when I found out she had a blog by the same name and she had a killer pizza dough recipe – that book was coming home with me. I have a few kitchen experiments bookmarked from it. Another cookbook find that I am OBSESSED with is by Philly’s own Marisa McClellan – Food in Jars: Preserving in Small Batches Year-Round. I am determined to take a class with her and finally get over my fear of canning. This book is just gorgeous and I absolutely can see this being a book I’d refer to time and time again. Plus – her blog Food In Jars rocks!
- I have to give major kudos to two Dancin’ on Air/Dance Party USA Alumni – Kerri and Annette – for their successful teen & tween dance shows – Party Rockers Reality Hour and Party Rockers Tween Scene. In a short time, the Party Rockers have not only had their show air here regionally, but have also gone national on ROKU. The Party Rockers crew have recently kicked off their summer tour, hitting the Jersey Shore and other local hotspots, and the dancers from both shows have been very proactive in charity work, increasing awareness about the dangers of bullying as well as raising awareness for the Ronald McDonald House and other charitable causes. Talk about setting a positive example, right? With all the stuff that is out there on TV, I find the positive tone of this show refreshing. If you want your kids to watch something that is positive much like the shows of your youth (i.e. Bandstand, Soul Train, Dance Party, etc.), definitely tune into the Party Rockers. You can find the Party Rockers Reality website here and, if you love the show – show a little facebook love to them too!
What has you obsessed this week?
[Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links; my opinions, as always, are 100% my own]
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates