Ever since I was young, Saks was one of those stores that I adored shopping in and my first ever Saks visit was the Saks on Fifth Avenue. What a memory that was – the heavy doors, the chic employees and customers milling about and that memory always stayed with me. While I have shopped in other Saks, there is nothing like the store in Manhattan. When SL was in town, a trip to NYC was on the agenda and one of the first stops was, you guessed it, a visit to the Fifth Avenue store to see the shoe salon that had its own zip code! (That Louboutin boot I found there still haunts me!)
It is one of my favorite online shopping destination because not only do you get quality product but you can get cash back and there’s often a coupon code floating about whether it’s for free shipping or, like my email shared with me earlier, a Friends & Family Sale and, sometimes, you can even combine the two!
As to be expected, there are shoes I’m eying but here are a few things that are on my radar (or, perhaps, in my shopping bag), some of which you might not have ever thought Saks would carry. Added bonus – all the items spotlighted here are eligible for the Friends and Family discount.
Now – let’s get to shopping, shall we?
1. Remember the “Holiday Ham Burn” incident. Somehow I think all of that could have been avoided if I just finally invested in a Le Creuset 7.25 Qt. Dutch Oven. They also have a 5-Quart Oval Dutch Oven if the 7.25 is too big.
2. I am really loving this KitchenAid Convection Bake Countertop Oven. Sometimes I’d rather not heat up the whole house (and the symphony of smoke detectors) and this might do the trick.
3. Speaking of KitchenAid, did you know that Saks has the Artisan Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer as well as a plethora of attachments, all eligible for Friends & Family?
4. While I’m happy with my Keurig (which should be on its way shortly), I did look at this Nespresso U C50 Espresso Machine with Aeroccino Automatic Milk Frother. If you want a really good espresso machine, this might be the time to apply those all things cash back lessons.
5. I shouldn’t even be THINKING of Christmas but I absolutely fell head over heels for this pug ornament – almost as adorable as my SousPug.
6. I’m still obsessing over boots – just can’t decide which one I want more than the other – the B Brian Atwood Fragola boot or the practical Elizabeth and James Leather Ankle Boot. What would you choose?
7. Finally – for the Tory Burch lovers, I have good news for you. While some items are not eligible for the Friends and Family discount, many of her shoes are. My faves: these leather and flannel Parker flats, the standard Revas and these Kaitlin quilted cap toe flats.
Needless to say, decisions are going to have to be made. There are always exclusions to the sale (i.e. Loubotuins and Choos are not eligible nor is my beloved bag) so read the fine print. However, if you want to get some holiday shopping done early or treat yourself to a little somethin’ somethin’ – this is the time. Just remember to get cash back first (currently ExtraBux has them at 4% cash back!)
What are your faves from the Saks Friends & Family Sale?
[FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate and/or referral links which help offset the cost of hosting this site. However, as always, my opinions are 100% my own]
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates