This Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette is a fabulous savory fruit salad perfect for a party and packed with fresh flavor!
I have a delicious savory and sweet fruit salad that will be a hit at any party – Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette.
We are throwing a virtual baby shower for one of my favorite bloggy peeps, Angie of Big Bear’s Wife, and every baby shower needs a delicious salad!
Angie and her husband Thomas had a bit of a surprise this week – little baby bear arrived a couple weeks ahead of schedule! This beautiful baby boy has the best life ahead of him and I couldn’t be more excited for them.
Whenever I see a southern recipe, Angie is one of the first people I think of. If you check out her site, she’s got the BEST southern comfort food recipes that will have you swooning at first bite. I met her at the beginning of my blogging journey – many many moons ago – and she is one of the kindest and sweetest people you will ever meet. So when Terri of Love and Confections organized some of my favorite bloggers to throw a virtual baby shower for Angie and keep it on the hush, you know I had to bring something to this virtual party.
This Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette is so easy to put together and the flavor is out of this world. Packed with summer melon flavors with crisp veggies, sweet pineapple, salty ricotta salata and tossed in a perfect homemade honey thyme vinaigrette, this gorgeous salad is perfect for a baby shower. Now I adore a good salad, either sweet or savory, and this scrumptious salad will be the hit of any soiree!
Head over to Angie’s site and give her a little congratulatory love on their new bundle of joy and make this fabulous Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
All the Veggies and Fruit diced and waiting for the vinaigrette
Drizzling the Honey Thyme Vinaigrette over the veggies, melon and fruit
Look at this salad
One bite and it will be a favorite of yours!
Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette
This Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette will be the hit of the party. Fresh summer watermelon and honeydew melon is tossed with crisp veggies and sweet pineapple and then drizzled with a homemade vinaigrette for the perfect savory fruit salad!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
For the Honey Thyme Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt
For the Savory Cucumber Melon Salad:
- 3 cups of seedless watermelon, either cubed or shaped into balls
- 2 cups of honeydew melon, cubed or shaped into balls
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 small English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 orange or red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 of a small red onion, diced (about 1/2 to 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup of ricotta salata, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons of flat leaf Italian parsley
To make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk together the lemon juice, honey and olive oil. Add the fresh thyme, pepper and salt and whisk so that everything is mixed together. Set aside.
To make the salad:
- In a large bowl, toss together the watermelon, honeydew melon, pineapple, English cucumber, the orange or red bell pepper, and red onion.
- Lightly toss with some of the vinaigrette, reserving some to serve on the side if needed.
- Add the ricotta salata and flat leaf Italian parsley and lightly toss again.
- Chill for about 30 minutes or serve immediately and enjoy!
This salad is best served chilled or at room temperature.
Please take some time to check out all the amazing recipes we made for Angie’s virtual baby shower!
Appetizers & Salads:
Creamy Grape Salad with Toasted Pecans from Unsophisticook
Mini Chicken & Waffles from Sweet Beginnings
Pimento Cheese Stuffed Buttermilk Biscuits from It’s Yummi
Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette from Cooking in Stilettos
Spicy Southern Deviled Eggs from This Gal Cooks
Banana Pudding Layered Dessert from High Heels and Grills
Brookies from Baked Bree
Caramel Corn from The Redhead Baker
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake from Cooking with Carlee
Chocolate Chip Clouds from All Day I Dream About Food
Lemon Donuts with Raspberry Glaze from Ashlee Marie
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes from Sugar-Free Mom
Mickey Mouse Candy Pops from The Decorated Cookie
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Small Batch Rhubarb Strawberry Jam from The JavaCupcake Blog
Yellow Butter Cake with Chocolate Icing from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Yellow Cupcakes with Peach Cream Cheese Frosting from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Worms and Dirt Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates