This refreshing libation was created using Sweet ‘N Low® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #donthesitaste
The summer heat is turned up here in Philly so the need for a fabulous cocktail is dire! For the 4th of July, I am all about the cocktails, the grill and the menu so what will be on my menu as my signature cocktail – this Skinny Blueberry Mojito.
I can’t tell you how much I adore mojitos – more than likely it’s from my Florida days. In my opinion, there is nothing like a freshly muddled mojito with fresh lime, mint and a touch of sweetness. Every time I visit Florida, it is my cocktail of choice but since I moved to Philly, I don’t make them as often as I should. I clearly need to rectify that.
There is a plethora of sweet Jersey blueberries at the markets and, being that it is one of my favorite flavors, I thought – why not make a blueberry mojito but lighter on the calorie factor. When lightening up calories in drinks, I love using Sweet’N Low® because not only is it a zero calorie sweetener, but it adds that sweet touch and it’s diabetic friendly.
This cocktail couldn’t be easier to make. I added a bit of Sweet’N Low® sweetener to the lime and rum and muddled it all with fresh blueberries and mint. Add a bit of sparkling water and – viola – this Skinny Blueberry Mojito is a 4th of July sparkler!
To ring in the 4th, make this Skinny Blueberry Mojito for your guests and enjoy the fireworks!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Adding some Sweet’N Low® to the lime juice
Let’s get some muddling luv on shall we
Now – don’t you want a sip?
Aly M. Cleary
Celebrate summer with this Skinny Blueberry Mojito - full of summer flavors with a touch of sweetness and lots of sparkle!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 4 limes, juiced (about 1/2 a cup or so)
- 6 packets of Sweet’N Low® Sweetener
- 2/3 cup of white rum
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint
- 1 cup of sparkling water
- Additional Blueberries, Mint and Lime Wedges for Garnish
- Additional sparkling water for the glasses
- In a non-reactive pitcher, add the lime juice and Sweet’N Low® Sweetener and swirl a bit until the sweetener is dissolved fully. It should only take a minute or so.
- Add the white rum, blueberries and mint and muddle until the mint is bruised a bit and the blueberries are giving off their juice.
- Add 1 cup of sparkling water to the pitcher along with a bit of ice and stir.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and top off with a bit of sparkling water.
- Garnish the glass with some fresh blueberries, mint and a lime wedge.
Want to make your summer even sweeter? Come hangout with Sweet’N Low® on their summer sampling tour to try some Sweet’N Low® sweetened iced tea, play fun games and snap hilarious pictures of all the fun. Be sure to mention Cooking In Stilettos at the event for a special gift. They will be here in Philly in late August. See where you can meet up with Sweet’N Low® this summer at: sweetnlow.com/tour.
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates