Recipe courtesy of G. Garvin – Turn Up The Heat
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons chopped garlic
4 teaspoons chopped shallot
16 ounces spinach
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
4 bone-in pork chops (at least 1-1/2 inches thick)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a sauté pan melt butter and 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons each of garlic and shallot; sauté until soft. Toss in the spinach; cook until wilted. Remove from pan to a bowl and let cool.
- Finely chop spinach; return to bowl. Add 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper, the remaining garlic and shallot, and the Parmesan and ricotta cheeses; mix well.
- Season chops on both sides with remaining salt and pepper; pat seasonings into meat.
- In a sauté pan heat 1/4 cup of the oil over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides in hot oil until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Lay chops on their bone sides and cut down the middle of the meat sides.
- Open chops and stuff with spinach mixture.
- Close chops; use toothpicks to hold sides together.
- Tuck spinach back in with a fork, if necessary.
- Coat a baking sheet with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place chops on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked well.
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates