When I moved up north, it was the implied understanding that Mother Nature could send all the Nor’Easters, Snowmageddons and all that fun wintery crap with the agreement that I was never to deal with earthquakes or hurricanes ever again. Tropical storms – meh – they happen – but when both an earthquake and a hurricane impact Philadelphia within a week, I want the number of the fool here who irritated Mother Nature so badly she’s changing the scheme of the weather.
So – let’s jump to a few things that will make a gal happy, shall we?
1. If you looked in my shoe arsenal, you would see I have a penchant for booties – especially lace up heeled ones like these Sam Edelman Rowin booties that are new for Fall 2011. Plus – with the impending flood warnings for Manayunk, well, the name is appropriate as well… *sigh*
2. I’ve decided that since Mother Nature is so insistent on making the houses rattle and roll, that perhaps I should look into investing in new dinnerware for when this weather drama is over. I will never forget Colin Cowie’s advice to use the “good dishes” just because – as he had lost some favorite pieces in a earthquake years ago. I’m over the moon about this Camden dinnerware from Crate and Barrel and plan on getting mix and match pieces in all three shades!
3. Whenever I see a mini-baker, I always think of Single Serving’s Manouschka. This ruffled baker from Anthropologie is beyond adorable and it’s the perfect size for individual portions. Love the ruffle detailing and the coral shade.
4. I will be making good use of this lovely All Clad Deluxe Slow Cooker from Williams Sonoma while the wind and rain cause a ruckus outside. I don’t care if it’s still August, this gal will need to make some comfort food for the weekend and I think Pork Tinga or Short Ribs might be on the menu. I cannot say it enough – this slow cooker is one of my best culinary investments ever – next to my knives and my Le Creuset.
5. I already warned that this was going to be a “Canning in Stilettos” weekend – and I finally succumbed and added yet another canning book to my arsenal: The Art of Preserving from Williams-Sonoma. I plan on making the Mixed Berry Jam, Dijon Style Mustard and maybe another recipe if all goes well – the Chipotle Ketchup looks like a viable option or should I go with the Cinnamon Applesauce? Hmmmmm – decisions decisions.
East Coasters – stay safe out there – This Irene gal is not one to play nice in the sandbox. Hunker down and tell us what has you obsessed this weekend!