It’s time to get ready to rumble! The best way for anyone to enjoy the Big Game is with a solid starting lineup of finger foods to indulge in while cheering on their favorite team. This year, skip those heavy, greasy, and fried foods that’ll have guests feeling sluggish by the time Usher hits the stage at halftime. Instead, the best way to stay moving is with some unbelievably delicious, shockingly nutritious, and super easy-to-make.
These incredible dishes were developed for this year’s festivities by TV Chef George Duran, known for his Food Network show Ham on the Street and TLC’s The Ultimate Cake Off; the polylingual chef and comedian George Duran has acted as a host and culinary contributor for Good Morning America. He has also guested on Live with Kelly, NBC’s Today Show, CBS This Morning, The Wendy Williams Show, The Dr. Oz Show, The Tamron Hall Show and many others. He is the author of the popular cookbook, Take This Dish and Twist It, which is packed with useful tips, amusing anecdotes, and most importantly: mouthwatering recipes for deliciously unexpected takes on comfort foods and snacks.
The impressive culinary creations he makes with every person in mind make veteran chef-tier recipes accessible, approachable, and easy! Anyone can now play the part of a culinary master (with almost no effort) by following George’s user-friendly, step-by-step, and intuitive recipes using Dorot Gardens® and Absolutely Gluten Free.® – two innovative brands that make cooking simple and delicious.
Try this Football Charcuterie Board by George Duran
Absolutely Gluten Free Crackers and Flatbreads Pimento Cheese or Goat Cheese
Mini pepperoni or salami, cut into small slices
Cheddar cheese slices
Olives Cold cuts
Bite-size fruits and vegetables
Hard boiled eggs
Directions: Use the Absolutely Gluten Free Crackers and Flatbreads to shape them into a goal post on a large platter. Pile numerous layers of crackers and flatbreads on top. Use a spoon and your hands to carefully shape the pimento cheese or goat cheese into a small football. Cover it with the salami slices and use thin closes of cheddar cheese to form the stitches on the football. Place between the goal post crackers. Add as many variety of ingredients throughout the platter to create the perfect Game Day charcuterie board.
Serve this with this: Game day Garlic Fusion dip
4 cubes Dorot Gardens garlic- allow to thaw
2 tbsp oil 2 Cubes Dorot Gardens
Sautéed onions – allow to thaw
6 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 block cream cheese, room temperature
1 can artichoke hearts
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided (I used the TJ’s Quattro Frommagio mix and highly recommend)
1/3 cup grated pecorino romano
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly grated black pepper
1. Add the thawed spinach to a fine-mesh sieve with a bowl underneath and press it with paper towels to remove as much water as you can.
2. Add all the ingredients, except 1/2 a cup of the shredded mozzarella, to a bowl and mix until it’s well blended
3. Add the dip to a 10″ skillet and put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until it’s hot. Once it’s hot, add the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella to the top and broil on high for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
4. Serve immediately with pita chips and enjoy!
To make these tasty and shareable Game Day recipes, George Duran uses these incredible, healthy, and natural brands:
• Dorot Gardens – creators of innovative flash-frozen packages of fresh, pre-portioned herbs that eliminate the process of peeling, chopping, and measuring. With a cube of the right spice and a simple ‘pop’ of the tray, Dorot Gardens is there to make seasoning and flavoring quick and easy, so home cooks can focus on enjoying the finished product. The lineup consists of Garlic, Ginger, Basil, Sautéed Onions, Cilantro, Turmeric, Parsley, and Dill, all of which have a two-year shelf life, allowing anyone to have their favorite fresh herbs year-round. Dorot Gardens products can be found in the frozen veggie aisle of grocery stores including Kroger, Walmart, Trader Joe’s, Safeway, and Albertsons. For recipes, nutritional information and more, visit www.dorotgardens.com or follow @DorotGardens on Facebook and Instagram.
• Absolutely! Gluten Free – the top innovator in gluten-free snacks. Absolutely! Gluten Free products are made with clean and wholesome ingredients that are absolutely, positively free of not only gluten, but grain, rice, corn, and dairy too. All Absolutely! Gluten Free products are all-natural, certified gluten-free, and OU certified kosher. To learn more about the brand visit their website www.absolutelygf.com or follow the brand on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (@AbsolutelyGF).