Welcome to #10DaysofTailgate hosted by Culinary Adventures with Camilla! There are nearly two dozen bloggers with over one hundred recipes to inspire you through an entire tailgating season. From Wings to Chili, From Salads to Sangria with some sweet treats in between, your tailgating recipe needs are covered. #10daysofTailgate kicks off on September 20th through September 30th. A huge thank you goes to our event sponsors who have graciously donated prizes for our readers. There are 14 different prize packages so make sure you enter the rafflecopter HERE.. Don’t forget to follow the hashtag on Twitter too.
It’s the official kickoff to the first #10DaysofTailgate and I’m bringing a spiced up classic to the tailgate table – my deliciously spicy Deviled Egg Potato Salad. I know I know – I can hear it now – “Deviled Eggs are Deviled Eggs. Potato Salad is Potato Salad. The two are non-mixy things.” but hear me out…
Now – deviled eggs have this spicy filling that is often made with spices, mayonnaise and some herbs. Potato salad is made with spices, mayonnaise, some herbs and of course fresh veggies. So – if you want to add eggs to your potato salad, why not devil it up, right?
My Nana’s potato salad always had hard boiled eggs mixed throughout and while I still haven’t fully replicated her recipe, this Deviled Egg Potato Salad would have made her proud. I played with a recipe from a recent issue of Taste of the South Magazine and added a bit of a spin to it with some Steakhouse Mustard from El Diablo Mustards and Gourmet Gardens Dill. I swear – one bite had me swooning and thinking back to summers at our family cottage. The dill flavor was woven throughout and that smokehouse mustard had a bit of a spicy heat that complimented the hot sauce. I also used some spicy brown mustard as well – but feel free to sub it with your favorite mustard.
This Deviled Egg Potato Salad will take your potato salad and turn it on its head – it’s that good. Just make a double batch because I think it will go quick.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Let’s boil some eggs – I used Simply Recipes’ method – perfection.
See – perfect!
Let’s make the Deviled Eggy Dressing
Time to toss everything together
Now – grab a fork –
- 2½ pounds of Yukon gold potatoes, somewhat larger diced
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, divided
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- ½ cup of light mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons of dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon of El Diablo Steakhouse Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of spicy brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon of hot sauce
- ⅓ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ⅓ teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Gourmet Gardens Dill (or 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill)
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1½ tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh Parsley & Dill for Garnish
- In a large saucepan, add the diced potatoes. Cover with water so that there's an inch over the potatoes and add 1 teaspoon of salt to the mixture.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until the potatoes are fork tender - about 15 minutes or so. Drain and set aside to cool for a bit.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add the yolks to a medium bowl.
- Dice the whites and add them to a large bowl.
- Crumble up the yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, relish,both mustards, hot sauce, remaining salt, smoked paprika, pepper and Gourmet Gardens dill. Whisk together until everything is mixed well. Set aside.
- To the large bowl, add the cooled potatoes, celery, green onions, parsley and toss with the Deviled Egg dressing.
- When everything is mixed fully, chill until ready to serve.
- To serve - garnish with a bit of chopped fresh parsley and dill and enjoy!
Let’s see what some of the other bloggers brought to the tailgate:
Does Dinner Healthy
Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies by The Spiffy Cookie
FTC Disclaimer: I was sent the El Diablo Mustard and the Gourmet Gardens products that I used in the recipe; no compensation was received for this post. Many thanks to El Diablo Mustard and Gourmet Gardens.
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates