I have wanted to share this recipe with y’all for quite some time now. This martini was my obsession for years.
There was one cocktail that I tried once and, at first sip, it was true love – the Egyptian Martini. I pestered the bartenders until one finally took pity on a gal and finally divulged the recipe. Over the years, I taught a few bartenders this recipe, of course with my preferences, (I only like a touch of triple sec and love the vanilla and raspberry combination) and, to this day, this is one of my ultimate favorites.
Sadly, Egypt’s lights have dimmed but the memory of that time lives on with this cocktail. I have to warn you – it is lethal – much like Cleopatra’s viper – but then again, it wouldn’t be an Egyptian Martini without a bit of a bite.
On to the recipe:
Gather the ingredients
Adding the triple sec to the vanilla vodka
Ahhh – my absolute fave – raspberry liqueur
Assemble the Garnishes
Time to pour
Aly M. Cleary | Inspired by Egypt Nightclub
This Egyptian Cocktail was a must whenever I was at Egypt Nightclub in Philly years ago. Sadly, the club is no longer but the drink lives on - super simple to make and it packs a crazy berry punch!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 ounces of raspberry liqueur
- 1 ounce of vanilla vodka
- 1/2 ounce of triple sec liqueur
- Maraschino Cherries or Fresh Raspberries for serving
- Optional: a dash of sparkling water
- In a cocktail shaker, mix together the raspberry liqueur, the vanilla vodka and the triple sec. Shake well.
- Pour into a martini glass garnished with maraschino cherries and/or raspberries.
- Float a bit of sparkling water over the top if desired and enjoy!
Inspired by Egypt Nightclub, Philadelphia