These delicious Apple Pancetta Waffles with Bourbon Cider Syrup are sweet and savory, drizzled with a boozy spiced apple cider syrup that will have your guests swooning.
Whenever I’m looking for a showstopper waffle recipe that is perfect for late summer early fall, these Apple Pancetta Waffles with Bourbon Cider Syrup are always a winner. I have been making these for a couple years now, inspired by a waffle recipe from Giada de Laurentiis, and my friends and family love them. Apples and bacon (or pancetta) are a delicious sweet and savory combo and if you add some bourbon to the mix – even better.
When we were selecting our favorite bacon recipes for #BaconMonth, I knew that these waffles had to be shared. Speaking of All Things Bacon Month – you did enter our giveaway, right? If not – make sure you do! I used my favorite Homemade Instant Pancake and Waffle Mix for these fluffy waffles and while the batter is thick, it is packed with flavor and texture from the sweet apple, crunchy pecans and crisp pancetta. The syrup goes a long way so you might only want to drizzle a little to start and perhaps add a bit more as needed. It’s that good but the bourbon packs a bit of a bite.
For brunch this weekend, whip up these Apple Pancetta Waffles with Bourbon Cider Syrup!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Melding the wet and dry
Let’s fold in the 3 flavor punches – Pecans, Apples and Pancetta
Time to make the syrup
Drizzle Drizzle Drizzle
Aly M. Cleary | Inspired by Giada de Laurentiis
These delicious Apple Pancetta Waffles with Bourbon Cider Syrup are the perfect blend of sweet and savory, drizzled with a boozy spiced apple cider syrup that will have your friends and family swooning at first bite.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 6 ounces of diced pancetta
- 3 cups of waffle mix
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 2 gala apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of bourbon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Heat your waffle iron while you prepare the batter.
- In a non-stick skillet, toast the pecans. Chop the toasted pecans and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the olive oil and diced pancetta.
- Crisp up the pancetta and drain on a paper lined plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the waffle mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and kosher salt.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, and milk until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. The batter will be very thick.
- Fold in the toasted chopped pecans and apples.
- Add some of the batter to the heated waffle iron and bake according to the waffle iron’s instructions.
- Keep the waffles warm in an oven heated to 200 degrees F. while you prepare the syrup.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar and cornstarch with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the apple cider, lemon juice and bourbon and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- When the mixture is boiling, take it off the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla.
- Keep warm and serve over the Apple Pancetta Waffles