Bacon Wrapped Sweet Pepper Poppers are a delicious bite for your favorite party, bbq or tailgate. Bacon is wrapped around cheesy stuffed mini sweet peppers and crisped to perfection for a delicious appetizer!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to products I trust and adore in my kitchen. Thank you for supporting Cooking In Stilettos.
It’s hard to believe that #BaconMonth has arrived and I have a super simple and flavorful recipe for you today that your friends and family will love – Bacon Wrapped Sweet Pepper Poppers.
I have a confession – I have been withholding these scrumptious bacon bites from you for some time. I first made them during the holidays as an alternative to jalapeno poppers. Sometimes you never know the spice level that your guests can handle and while I often make jalapeno poppers inspired by an old Pioneer Woman recipe from her first cookbook, I decided to take it in a new direction when I spotted some gorgeous mini bell peppers in the grocery store.
These little bites are just the right balance of sweet, savory and have that crisp bite from the mini sweet bell peppers and, if I was a betting person, I might just have to toss them up against my jalapeno poppers and I think these might emerge the winner. They disappear so quickly and have been one of those must make entertaining recipes. I must caution you – when you make these, you better stash a few to the side just for yourself because if you don’t, you won’t get any. Trust me on this.
Once you master the recipe, it’s really up to you to channel your inner executive chef and make these your own. You can change up the cheeses, add some spices, change the herbs – it’s all up to you. I loved the combination of the cheddar jack cheese with the neufchatel cheese whipped with fresh thyme, green onion and parsley. The fresh herbs just added a nice summery touch to this appetizer. Of course, you can always change it up and add smoked paprika and cayenne pepper with some minced shallot and garlic in lieu of the herbs and that would also be fabulous.
For your next party, BBQ or tailgate, make a batch (or two) of these Bacon Wrapped Sweet Pepper Poppers and watch them disappear like magic!
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Pepper Poppers
These Bacon Wrapped Sweet Pepper Poppers are a favorite for entertaining. Sweet mini bell peppers are stuffed with a cheesy herb filling and then crisped to perfection wrapped in bacon. I dare you to have just one.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 36
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 18 sweet mini bell peppers
- 1 8-ounce package of neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar/Monterey jack cheese
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 green onions, diced (white and light green parts only)
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 18 strips of bacon, sliced in half
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Slice each of the mini bell peppers in half and discard the seeds and ribs.
- In a bowl, whisk together the softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, fresh thyme, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Stuff each of the mini pepper halves with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each of the pepper halves with a strip of bacon and secure with a tooth pick.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and a baking rack (for easy cleanup) and bake for about 45 – 55 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Serve while warm.
Let’s see what the #BaconMonth crew brought to the party today shall we?
For more info on #BaconMonth, check out the deets on the bloggers here.
My favorite finds for this recipe:
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates