This rich Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake will be the star of the holiday dessert table – a classic bundt cake is soaked with a bourbon laced eggnog glaze for the ultimate holiday dessert.
Y’all know I’m a big fan of the boozy bite so I brought a rich and luscious Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake to the party kickoff. This cake is moist, rich and drizzled with a bourbon eggnog glaze to take it totally over the top. If you have this on your holiday table, I assure you, people will go nuts for it.
Here’s the secret – it is so easy to make. Seriously – sift a few ingredients, mix a few ingredients, bake, brush with a bit of bourbon, let cool, glaze and then bring it to the soiree. If you want to leave the bourbon out or want to use another spirit of choice – like perhaps rum, Kahlua or even amaretto, who am I to stop you. It will be absolutely delicious.
Now – let’s get to the holiday fun shall we and make this Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake!
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Sifting the dry ingredients
The Flavor Trifecta – Eggnog, Bourbon and Vanilla
Pouring the batter into the tin
Brushing the cake with a bit more bourbon
Now this, my friends, is a dessert showstopper
Shall I cut you a slice?
This moist rich Bourbon Soaked Eggnog Cake has the flavors of spice and bourbon woven in every bite.
60 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- For the batter:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup of eggnog
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of bourbon
- For soaking the cake:
- 1/3 cup of bourbon
- For the Bourbon Eggnog Glaze:
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of eggnog
- 1 teaspoon of bourbon
- Extra powdered sugar for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick spray or butter the pan generously and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, until each egg is incorporated into the batter.
- Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whisk together the eggnog, vanilla extract and bourbon.
- Starting and ending with the flour mixture, add the flour and eggnog mixture in intervals and mix until everything is just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, tap the pan on the counter twice to eliminate any air bubbles and bake for about 65 - 70 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- Brush the base with about 2 teaspoons of bourbon.
- Let the cake cool for another 15 minutes.
- Unmold the cake onto cake plate and brush with the reserved bourbon.
- To make the glaze:
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, eggnog and bourbon.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Lightly dust the cake with a bit of powdered sugar.