This post is sponsored by Hebrew National®.
Even though summer is coming to a close, it does not mean that the party is over. Break out the grill tongs this fall and get grilling – whether it is for autumn harvest parties, tailgating with friends or just watching the game.
Hebrew National® challenged us to come up with a fall topping or side for their all-beef franks. I took one look at some gorgeous Granny Smith apples I had on hand and a delicious idea was born – savory apple chutney.
Apple Chutney is one of those recipes that brings the wow factor to a dish. This recipe allows for improvisation – essentially, once you master it you can make it your own whether it’s adding some raisins and spices to the mix or, perhaps, you can add some crisp bell peppers – the choice is yours. Knowing how much I adore spicy mustard, I added some Gulden’s Spicy Brown Mustard to the simmering sweet apples and onions, which added so much flavor. Sweet and savory with a bit of a spicy bite, this easy Mustard Apple Chutney is perfect for your next tailgate or get together. To take this delicious frank over the top, I added shredded sharp cheddar cheese to complement the apples.
So instead of saying goodbye to summer, say hello to fall. Fire up the grill, sizzle up some Hebrew National® All-Beef Franks and enjoy with this easy Mustard Apple Chutney.
On to the recipe:
Gather your ingredients
Seriously – this could not be easier to make
This easy Mustard Apple Chutney will be a staple for your fall cookouts!
Let’s whip up these Harvest Style Hot Dogs
Have to love those grill marks!
So easy to assemble
Aly M. Cleary
This easy Mustard Apple Chutney is perfect for fall with the flavors of apples and spice and everything nice. Top your favorite Hebrew National All-Beef Frank with some of this delicious Mustard Apple Chutney and a sprinkling of sharp cheddar and enjoy the fall harvest!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced
- 1 medium Vidalia onion or 2 small Vidalia onions, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of spicy brown mustard (I used Gulden’s)
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan or small Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the diced apples and onions to the melted butter and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the apples start to soften.
- Add the spicy brown mustard, apple cider vinegar, fresh ginger, water and red pepper flakes.
- Stir for a minute or so and add the salt, pepper and black mustard seeds.
- Bring to a slight boil and then let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The combination of franks and these toppings may not be Kosher.
What makes a Hebrew National® kosher hot dog premium? It’s all about what makes the cut (and what doesn’t). We’re choosy about what goes into our franks – we use only premium cuts of 100% kosher beef from the front half of the cow and then choose the best from that. No artificial flavors, colors, fillers or by-products. When your hot dog is Kosher, that’s a hot dog you can trust! For more summer fun with Hebrew National®, visit facebook.com/hebrewnational.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Hebrew National® via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Hebrew National®.
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates