Y’all know I adore a great cocktail so when Kelly Ripa had a to-die for Strawberry Basil Margarita recipe, well, this gal had to channel her inner bartender and give it a whirl. Even better – I get to share it with y’all! One key – the strawberry liquor – it gives it the perfect flourish! It was well worth me channeling my “Aly Capone” and heading across the bridge to Kelly’s old stomping grounds of South Jersey to track it down.
On to the recipe:
Gather the Ingredients
Gotta Love a Good Muddle
The piece de resistance – the Strawberry Liquor – see the tiny wild strawberries in it? Yum!
Now – tell me you don’t want a sip?
- 1 strawberry
- 2 large basil leaves
- 1 ounce of silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce of strawberry liquor
- 1/2 ounce of triple sec
- 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice
- Strawberries and basil for garnishing
- Place one strawberry and two basil leaves in a rocks glass then, using a muddler, press down lightly on the leaves and give a few gentle twists.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Top with ice and garnish with a strawberry and basil leaf.
- Keep ingredients and garnishes fresh at the ideal temperature (Kelly uses her adjustable humidity-controlled Crisper Drawers, which keep fruits and vegetables their best with self-closing drawers that lock in freshness.)