For your next Girls Night In, shake up this delicious Tangerine Mojito for a citrusy twist on the classic mojito.
This post has been sponsored by Tropicana and Megan Media. My opinion and love for the brand is all my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Cooking In Stilettos possible.
Last minute entertaining always seems to happen around the holidays. Whether it’s friends dropping by to catch the game, a last minute Girls Night In or just because, I’ve learned to keep a few things on hand to make my cocktail game easier.
I often keep lemonade in the fridge to mix into cocktails and mocktails and love to try various flavor fusions. Recently, I discovered this new Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade and couldn’t resist giving it a try. I have a love of tangerines, especially with all of the wonderful seasonal citrus coming into the stores, and have been adding them to a few recipes but never thought to mix tangerines with lemonade. I knew I had to shake up a cocktail or two with this lovely sip.
To bring a little Florida sunshine to combat the Philly chill, I had the perfect cocktail for a recent soiree – a Tangerine Mojito. I adore mojitos ever since I tried my first mojito years ago in Miami. However, in lieu of using the classic lime/mint combo, I wanted to go on a tangerine/lemon flavor profile and it was genius. A few ingredients, a bit of muddling and you have a citrusy bright mojito that will have your guests raving. This drink couldn’t be easier to shake up and the lovely orange color is so festive!
To make this easy Tangerine Mojito a mocktail, feel free to leave out the rum and add a bit more seltzer or club soda – the tangerine and lemon flavor are the perfect compliment and you will never miss the rum – trust me on this.
For your next last minute soiree or girl’s night in, pick up Tropicana’s Tangerine Lemonade and shake up this lovely Tangerine Mojito!
On to the recipe:
Gather the ingredients
This Tangerine Lemonade is fabulous on its own or in a mojito
Time to muddle
Cocktails made easy
Shall I make you a Tangerine Mojito?
Aly M. Cleary
A Tangerine Mojito is a citrusy twist on the classic mojito recipe. Fresh tangerine juice is muddled with mint, sugar, rum and Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade for a sunshine inspired sip!
7 minPrep Time
7 minTotal Time
- 6 – 8 leaves of fresh mint
- Zest and juice of 2 tangerines
- Zest of half a lemon (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tangerine, quartered
- 1 tablespoon of superfine sugar
- 3/4 cup of Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade
- 6 ounces of white rum
- Ice cubes
- Sparkling Water or club soda
- Mint Leaves and Tangerine Slices for serving
- In a cocktail shaker, tear the fresh mint leaves in half, add the zest and juice of the two tangerines and lemon zest. Add the tangerine quarters and superfine sugar.
- Using a muddler or base of a wooden spoon, muddle everything together so that the sugar dissolves, the mint is muddled with the tangerine quarters and juice.
- Add the Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade and white rum along with a couple ice cubes.
- Shake everything together and pour into ice-filled glasses.
- Top the cocktail off with a bit of sparking water or club soda.
- Garnish with a slice of tangerine and a mint leaf.
For more information about Tropicana, check out their website and you can follow them on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Other Delicious Recipes
Share the love
Get free updates