This spooky sip was created using Sweet ‘N Low® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #donthesitaste
Who doesn’t love a rum punch, right? Well I have a hauntingly delicious Blood Red Rum Punch for you to toast Halloween with that will have your guests dancing all night long.
*cue the #TBT tunes*
Now that I have that song stuck in your head, let me tell you about this cocktail that will have you singing Lionel Ritchie tunes and dancing on the ceiling. (let me shush with the music puns). Plus – this cocktail has a fun 80s reference with The Shining and “Red Rum”. Who doesn’t remember that epic movie, right?
For holidays, I love a great signature cocktail and this Blood Red Rum Punch will be the hit of any Halloween soiree. It also has an added bonus – it’s lighter in calories thanks to a skinny grenadine syrup that I made with Sweet ‘N Low®. This skinny grenadine syrup takes minutes to whip up and tastes so much better than the bottled version. I love using Sweet ‘N Low® in many of my drinks and cocktails as it makes things lower in calories and, of course, for my friends that are diabetic, it’s diabetic friendly.
Rather than water down the drinks, if I can use frozen fruit to chill the drink, I will. So, with the blood red nature of this drink, some dark sweet frozen cherries were the perfect accent to this rum punch and chilled it perfectly. This cocktail is easily doubled and can be ready in minutes. Plus – the longer it sits, the better it tastes.
For Halloween this year, whip up a pitcher of Blood Red Rum Punch, put on your favorite 80s costume, toss on the 80s playlist and see if your guests get the Red Rum reference while you dance the night away!
On to the recipe:
Let’s gather the ingredients
Start by making a skinny grenadine syrup with Sweet ‘N Low
Letting the syrup cool for a bit
Spiced Rum is always a must for a really good rum punch
Poured over some frozen cherries, this spooky sip is ready for some Halloween festivities
- 5 packets of Sweet 'N Low®
- 1 cup of unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 7 ounces of black cherry juice
- 3 ounces of unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 3 ounces of Skinny Grenadine Syrup
- Juice of 1 - 2 limes, depending on how tart you like it
- 4 ounces of sparkling water
- Frozen cherries for serving
- To a small saucepan, add the Sweet 'N Low® Sweetener and pomegranate juice. Stir to dissolve the Sweet 'N Low into the juice and then bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for about 5 - 7 minutes, until the mixture has thickened slightly and reduced by a third.
- Let cool.
- When the Skinny Grenadine Syrup is cool, add the lemon juice, stir and use, storing any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- In a pitcher, mix together the black cherry juice, pomegranate juice, Skinny Grenadine Syrup, lime juice and sparkling water.
- Serve poured over frozen cherries and enjoy!
You may also like -
Share the love
Get free updates